10 Things Layered Template & A Digital Kit To Raise Money For Autism Speaks

AE_10Things_Low

After putting together my 10 Things post last week (journaling for the above layout can be found here) I went ahead and created a digital layout and made it into a layered template that is now available at Designer Digitals. I am hoping to do a layout for Simon, Chris, and Anna using this template sometime soon.

Dottedline

Interested in learning more about digital scrapbooking? Click here for some links to get you started.

Want more information on working with layered templates? A basic how-to can be found here.

Dottedline

WALK-NOW-FOR-AUTISM-preview

I received an email yesterday from Mikki who is Cole's Mom. Cole is the same age as Simon and is also on the autism spectrum.

In honor of Cole and to raise money for Autism Speaks' Walk Now For Autism, Mikki created this GIANT digital kit that includes 118 papers, 180+ embellishments, 12 quick pages, a 12-page brag book, 2 embellished templates, 4 alphabets and more. For more images of the kit go here.

She's got a goal of raising $1000.00 and I am hoping that some of you out there may be interested in helping her reach her goal.

A $20 minimum donation is needed to receive the kit. Go here to donate and then forward your receipt to [email protected]

For more information you can visit Mikki's blog.

1. Nicky from Canada

2009-09-28 06:43:48 +0100

What a wonderful kit and a good cause that I would like to donate to. Our 7 year old also has autism and anything I can do toward helping out with this is always a good thing. I however, am having some difficulties picking a canadian province - I can pick the country but not one of our provinces. Ali do you know whether we can get this kit for Canada??

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  2. Loydene

2009-09-28 06:51:37 +0100

Simple - perhaps too much so - digi question.
    The Cole kit has a "ball chain" image - looped around. There are also various snaps at the end of a tag.
    Can the "ball chain" image and the various snaps but used in a different configuration than what is showns (IE: can the ball chain be straightened, looped differently; can a specifically decorated snap be used on a different tag - or without a tag?)

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  3. M

2009-09-28 08:00:02 +0100

Great template...I always love how your work encourages journaling!

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  4. Kim Hacking

2009-09-28 10:57:01 +0100

I'm working on your template and I want to change the font colors on some of the numbers and the word "things" like you did in your layout. Can you refresh my memory on how to do that in Photoshop? Thanks!

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  5. Nicky from Canada

2009-09-28 11:43:29 +0100

Ali - I figured it out - you skip the state and there is a spot for province further down.
    Too early this morning when I was looking at it.
    Donation done!!

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  6. Jennifer from Canada

2009-09-28 13:15:10 +0100

Love this template...just rushed to Designer Digitals to buy it. Another great example of using this template on Cathy Zielske's blog post from Sept.23.09:

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  7. Kathy F

2009-09-28 14:33:12 +0100

Ali---> I love your LO! :) It looks nice and clean, but also very fun :)
    Also, I love Mikki's kit. I will be getting it when hubby gets paid this week. :)

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  8. Lusi

2009-10-08 03:19:55 +0100

Hi Ali, I read through all your journaling on this layout and i just gotta say, it sounds like you were writing for me too! lol :) Since giving birth to our 4th child just on 6 months ago, sleep is gold to me too although i also have been loving getting on the wii that my dh bought for me not long back. Our son (also has autism hf) has just had a word-spurt too and has actually begun reading this past month. so great to marvel at these stages isn't it :)
    Always like taking in a beautifully full deep breath when i visit your blog :) Thanks for that.
    Love Lusi x

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM
  9. Sierra

2011-02-24 00:24:37 +0000

Hi Ali,
    Just wanted to let you know that the link to the 10 things journaling post you mentioned above appears to be broken. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration. I am excited to use this template.

* edited 08/11/14 01:40PM