December Daily 2010 | Interior Page Steps + Video Walk-Through Of Album

When looking back through my photos of my December Daily foundation there were a couple where I'd taken some how-to shots. Many of the pages were as simple as stitching or adhering an element but a couple involved more than one step. Here's a look at a couple of those how-to's.

For Day 2 and Day 22 I sprayed Studio Calico Mister Huey Apple Jack Color Mist onto shipping tags. Before spraying I adhered large number stickers from Making Memories and then removed them after spraying.

Here's a look at Day 22 in the album:

Day 8, Day 13 and Day 21 use my AE Christmas Boxes from Designer Digitals. This package from Designer Digitals includes individual PNG files + a print-ready PDF.

The print-ready PDF actually includes all 9 boxes - I just happened to print this out before putting together the PDF page.

I cut out each little box, adhered a date, and added a bit of paint around the edges (Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint Dash of Red: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com). Here's a look at where these boxes appear (for full supply lists check this post):

For Day 9 and Day 12 I painted chipboard stars and frames using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Paint Dash of Red: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com.

One last thing for this week: a video walk-through of the album. I've been wanting to integrate more video into my site and felt like this project was a great chance to begin that process. Enjoy!

Ali Edwards December Daily 2010 Foundation from Ali Edwards on Vimeo.

For more on the December Daily album go here.

1. jesa

2010-10-15 14:27:02 -0700

Ali, I managed to navigate your new site when you initially switched from the blog. Pressing different options and links here and there I discovered all the goodies you had to offer and share. Thank you for the video it helped with the areas I missed and explained some categories further. : )

2. HeidiY

2010-10-15 21:20:20 -0700

Thx for sharing your December Daily album! And love the video, too!

3. Casey Wright

2010-10-15 22:27:19 -0700

So excited to get started with this - thanks for video - super helpful!

4. Rachel Mackin

2010-10-16 05:08:32 -0700

I love all the transparencies you've used! :)

5. Leora Henkin

2010-10-16 06:38:58 -0700

Thanks Ali! Loved the video. Your work is beautiful. I am wondering if you are thinking of doing a Halloween through the years album. I would love to do one of these and I am thinking that your format for this album might be just the ticket!

Thanks for sharing all this,
    Leora

6. Sharon

2010-10-16 07:47:30 -0700

Hi Ali - The video was fantastic and super helpful. The transparency star came from page frames but they don't ship - any suggestions? Also wondering if ranger reinkers to make a spray would work on the SB canvas. You are an incredibly talented lady and I follow your blog everyday. Thanks so much for sharing!!

7. Jackie Bremer

2010-10-16 19:17:53 -0700

loved the simplicity of the album and am eager to give it a try

8. molly

2010-10-17 02:51:10 -0700

completely awesome in every way, Ali. really like the video.

9. Kristi

2010-10-17 10:04:19 -0700

Love, love, love this project! This will be my fourth year and I'm still in the gethering process. I love how you made it so simple this year - sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming as Christmas approaches. My girls love looking through them so that helps me "keep up"! Thanks for the great video too!

10. Lorna

2010-10-17 10:44:12 -0700

I have started this project the last 2 years but have never finished. I get too caught up in having things look perfect and worry too much about what if the page I have made doesn't work with the photos I eventually take. I need to learn to embrace imperfection:)

I love the design this year as it is simpler yet more structured in a way. I love the repetition and the transparencies. This year I am determined to complete it! I will be getting organised early this year too so I have the album ready. In previous years I have left the making of the album until december when I have the photos ready but it really gets too busy so not a good idea for me!!

Anyway, thanks again for the inspiration Ali. I look forward to seeing yours being completed:)

11. Michelle S

2010-10-17 12:45:42 -0700

I used Christmas themed placemats for the transprancies. I can get 6 pages out of each placement and since each placement was only $1.99, my pages cost only 33 cents!

12. Deb Rymer

2010-10-17 13:55:35 -0700

Ali, thank you AGAIN for the gorgeous clean & simple design and unequaled inspiration. Not only did you inspire me to do a DD this year - but to actually finish the one I captured in 2008. I had done all the journaling and had most of the photos - just never constructed the book. Somehow, I couldn't start another one without finishing the last...

Your mission to help us remember and document the days/weeks/months/years/Christmas' of our lives is a beautiful gift. Thank you for that.

13. Rhonda P

2010-10-17 19:09:57 -0700

Love this look. Already downloaded your overlays and little word boxes, ready to print. Gathering transparencies. Gonna rock it this year!! Even got my sister ready to go with this. woot woot!!
    Was looking back at prior years. When I get to 2007, the photos won't display.

14. Sue

2010-10-18 05:00:31 -0700

You amaze me with your organization and vision. This year's December Journal will be spectacular. Can't wait to see some of the finished pages.

15. Deirdre

2010-10-18 05:00:48 -0700

Ali, great video... cannot believe we are back talking about December Daily again... where did the time go. Pulled out my last year's one... still finishing touches to go on it... and am then going to recycle the unused bits for 2010.... thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

16. Janet White

2010-10-19 05:17:07 -0700

Amazingly inspiring. Watching this makes me want to stretch out of my comfortable digital box. Love the way you shared this!

17. livelybrowsers

2010-10-19 11:41:04 -0700

Thanks for good stuff

18. Deena

2010-10-21 13:15:34 -0700

Thanks for the inspiration! I love the look of transparencies in the book but wanted to make my own. I remembered you saying that the ones you buy in office supply stores aren't as thick as Hambly, but decided to try it anyway. Yep, pretty flimsy, but then I figured out a solution--I laminated the printed side. Now the ink is "sealed" and they are thicker. I think they'll work just fine now. Just wanted to share the idea.

19. Sandy Reeves

2010-10-27 19:24:21 -0700

Thank you, Ali for the video and for sharing!! I have decided to do a December Daily Album this year, especially since I have 2 grandbabies now!! I cannot wait!! Thanks again!! I am so inspired by everything you do!! God Bless! :)

20. Brenda

2010-10-27 21:17:13 -0700

Ali I love your site. I normally can't spend too much time on the computer (little ones just keep needing things!!) but I can't stop checking out all your previous projects and entries so I'll just have to be tired tomorrow, oh wait I'm always tired! Ha!
    Thank you so much for sharing your world, it's very inspiring.

My question, and I have a feeling this is obvious but not to me. Can you print the Christmas Boxes in color as they are shown?

21. June W

2010-11-01 22:13:51 -0700

Wondering about the use of placemats...not getting the vision for this. Please share more. I have my pages cut...using 1-25 numbers from a sheet I have had forever and a Christmas paper pack that happened to match. I am excited about having this ready to place photos. Ali, thanks so much for all the inspiration...I certainly enjoyed the video and an hour and a half later I am well on my way!

22. December Daily 2010 Q&A Responses | Ali Edwards

2010-11-10 13:45:14 -0700

[...] : Julie answered this one in the comments section for me (thanks Julie). In the walk-through video (go here to view) I show how I adhered the lace onto the Hambly Clearly Heavy Overlay. I would not put the lace in [...]

23. Lynn

2010-11-25 12:51:29 -0700

Hi, Ali - I've been pulling together the materials to make the December Daily. I am in my 2nd year of Project 365/Project Life, but December is such a busy month with family birthdays and everything!

I am a bit of a perfectionist and follow instructions to the letter... you'll get the pun in a second. For the misted tag, it looks to me like you are using the Making Memories Animal Crackers alphabet (it is the only one of the hundreds I've looked at that has the right numeral twos). I have only been able to find this in a flocked sticker. Are you using the backing sheet, or something else to create the mask?

24. December Daily 2010 | Day Two | Ali Edwards

2010-12-03 04:01:19 -0700

[...] Page one uses my 6×8 layered template set. I think the circle Santa is from Pretty Little Studio (correct me if I’m wrong) and the little paper clip is 7gypsies. Want to read more about the #2 tag? I’ve got a post on that here. [...]

25. Türchen Nummer 11 | teenaschubert

2010-12-11 00:06:49 -0700

[...] was kann man doch mit Glimmermist alles machen. Für diesen Workshop hat mich Ali Edwards herself inspiriert. Es geht ganz einfach. Man braucht einen Tag und einen weihnachtlichen [...]