2012 Summer Manifesto Album

Finally found some time this past week to finish up my 6x6 Summer Manifesto album.

I first posted about the concept of a Summer Manifesto here and posted initial images of the album here: Bringing The Summer Manifesto To Life.

Here's what I loved in the beginning: setting intentions for the summer and printing out all the pages in advance.

I didn't end up jotting things down throughout the summer as I initially planned which was totally okay. It allowed me to set intentions and then go out and experience life.

Here's what I loved in the end: the reflection & the perspective.

I loved going back through the intentions and my photos from the last few months and thinking about all the things I did do (even if they weren't exactly what I had intended). It took me a little bit longer to finish it up because at first I was trying to think through how I would address the things/intentions that I didn't follow-through with. Those ended up being some of my favorites as I reflected on why some of those things didn't happen and what other things happened instead. Hello life, right?

This is totally something you could still do now - go back through your photos from the summer and pick out the themes and activities that were most meaningful to you.

Here's a look at the completed album:

A few details:

• All the foundation pages were printed out in advance on Epson Matte Presentation Paper and are available as PDF (and PSD) files in this set: Summer Manifesto Album.

• I printed out all the photos with a white border.

• I attached the first hand-written manifesto I did to the back page using an arrow clip.

• There's one page that's not finished yet. I can't for the life of me remember what Simon wished for (#8) and I'm planning to ask him when he gets home from school.

I love memory keeping.

SUPPLIES | SUMMER MANIFESTO ALBUM

Click on the images to link to the products.

1. Denise Sanner

2012-10-01 08:42:08 -0400

i absolutely love number seven. not having time to make pickles and being just fine with how you spent that time instead is priceless. so happy for you. yes...you really are beaming.

2. Paula

2012-10-01 09:03:11 -0400

Outstanding! Love your Summer Manifesto...may be something I take up for New Years Resolutions once the December Daily season comes and goes :)

(I am chuckling as I just termed the upcoming holidays "December Daily season" - guess it's a subseason of Christmas!)

3. Jenny Meyerson

2012-10-01 09:23:23 -0400

Who needs flipping pickles anyway? I'll take that smile anytime over pickles. Terrific album and I really like the size of the album. Perfect.

4. Patti L

2012-10-01 10:50:40 -0400

I really like your reflection! I often write about what didn't go exactly right and I love it! All about embracing imperfection. It's a sign of a life well lived!

5. Susan

2012-10-01 11:08:11 -0400

so awesome; love this simple album; i've finished quite a few pages in our summer manifesto album but haven't finished. now on my to-do list to finish this week. thanks for the spur...we too didn't complete some of the items on our list. glad to see a way to 'confront' those i can incorporate in.

6. Randa

2012-10-01 11:20:58 -0400

I love the style and layout of this album. Thank you so much for sharing it in full!

7. Trina

2012-10-01 11:22:17 -0400

This album is so awesome!! I love the perspective of looking back over the summer and writing about what did happen & what didn't. Such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful summer!

8. amberca

2012-10-01 13:17:51 -0400

Can I just tell you how much I love this!!! I am so happy for you and all these wonderful summer memories.

9. Yvonne S.

2012-10-01 14:33:03 -0400

You have always made wonderful memory albums but this one is the best so far - it's about YOU! Your life, you dreams, your happiness....it's all there. You shine in this album and that's great!

10. Sue

2012-10-01 17:09:51 -0400

Looks like a very happy summer! My hubby and I did a Summer Bucket List inspired by your earlier blog. We didn't get to all the items, but we did many of them. I should follow up with a scapbook page or two on our adventures. One was a weekly BBQ and while we didn't do them weekly, we did have LOTS of people over this summer ... and of course, I would think of photos after the busy evening! (That's a good sign of "being in the moment" - right?) One question: would Katie share that fabulous looking pie recipe? Pie + crisp?? Best of both worlds!

11. Carolyn HP

2012-10-01 17:34:32 -0400

Wow Ali, this is awesome :)
    Love how happy you seem, hope blessings keep coming to you & your family. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful reflection of your summer! Looks so great!

12. Kathy

2012-10-01 20:01:30 -0400

I totally love this album in that it's simple, effective, and lots of memories....I will definitely do one of these in the December school holidays which over laps with December Daily here in Australia. I also love the fact that having a plan gives you something to focus on but if something better comes along then that can be celebrated. I am going to do one of these for us and a movie in the back yard is on the agenda...thanks for sharing and being so inspiring. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

13. Nicole

2012-10-01 20:33:46 -0400

Your project totally inspired me to create a "Hello Summer" corkboard in our kitchen where everyone in our family wrote slips of paper about what they'd like to do for the summer - items for vacation, fun things before the kids went back to school, goals we wanted to accomplish. As we finished our items, we put big red check marks on them. It was a great simple visual reminder of what everyone wanted to do - and it spurred us to have a lot more fun!! I plan to do it again next year - thank you for the inspiration!!

14. Stacy

2012-10-01 22:31:23 -0400

Loved this!! Wish I could make time to do more stuff like this. Thanks for the inspiration!!

15. money

2012-10-02 00:46:21 -0400

how do you make your pages so exact and straight?!?!?!?!! i have a guillotine paper cutter and i feel like its not as exact as i thought it would be... need another option!

16. Alida

2012-10-02 04:52:07 -0400

I love the reflective quality of this album. How some things didn't happen because you were surprised by better things. Love the humor in that. Awesome journaling and photo's.

17. Christine

2012-10-02 11:34:46 -0400

I love your album. I also made a summer bucket list and did most of the things. I am also doing a Fall bucket list because I enjoyed the summer so much.

18. may

2012-10-02 18:48:10 -0400

love this! love the simplicity of the album. inspires me to create one...

19. kristiwl

2012-10-02 19:09:46 -0400

Hi, Ali -
    Love the whole idea of this album and will have to make one next summer (we usually make a huge posterboard list of what we want to do/visit/accomplish over the summer, but this is much better!). I am wondering where you found the yellow bike paper or transparency that you used for the back page? Thanks for all your inspiration and so glad to see you looking so happy!!!

20. Abby P

2012-10-03 10:00:26 -0400

I jumped on the band-wagon for this project and got off to a good start - but, like you, didn't complete everything I wanted to. I LOVE how you documented WHY some things didn't happen, and was DID happen instead. You've motivated me to finish my project -- thanks for your great tips! BTW, LOVE how yours came out!

21. Sharon in TX

2012-10-08 22:30:55 -0400

Great album! I'm going to try one for Fall ... I feel like Fall is such a great "gap" season; after summer, school starting, before the holidays. One question, please. When you print the journal pages is all of the background color from the printer as well? Wondering if it takes a lot of ink to print those solid colors. Think it might be cheaper to print them out on photo paper at Costco? Thanks so much!

22. Hello June | Ali Edwards

2013-06-03 06:00:54 -0400

[...] for a post tomorrow about an update to the 2012 Summer Manifesto album (including a free 2013 update for those of you who purchased the album set last year). Have you [...]

23. Sharyn

2013-06-11 23:00:55 -0400

loved taking a closer look at this again when I'm writing my list for 2013. Love how you went about including the items that you didn't necessarily get to. I have high hopes. :)

24. How to Make a Kids School Field Trip Mini Book | thehandcraftedstory.com

2014-05-30 13:26:18 -0400

[…] Ali’s Summer Manifesto mini album. […]

25. fannyathome

2014-09-02 10:29:25 -0400

Thanks Ali! I was inspired by this mini album and created my own this year. Here's a linK to it: http://fannyathome.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/mini-album-summer-manifesto-2014.html
    Thanks for the inspiration!