Fall is awesome here in the Pacific Northwest.
We get a full change of seasons that includes brisk mornings and some sunshine mixed with wind and rain and an amazing collection of colorful leaves.
As we settle in to the routines of two new schools and the changes that go along with back-to-school time I'm starting to think about what's next around the house and I'm also thinking about our plans for the holidays.
I love this time of year.
It always brings my focus back home again. I want to re-decorate. I want to paint. I want to get rid of stuff we've outgrown in one way or another. I want to get clear - in so many different ways.
Today I'm teaming up with Fab to share a few things I love from their crazy awesome modern collection of goods. I'd love to have a few of these things as easy updates in my house and a few others would make great holiday gifts.
Here's some things that caught my eye:
1. World Chalkboard Map | I'm a total fan of vintage pull down maps and I scored one a few years back that includes Oregon, Washington and Idaho. This one would be an awesome decor update in Simon's room.
2. Paint Chip Napkins | We use cloth napkins here at home. These fun modern paint-chip designs would be a great update to the ones we've been using that are really past their prime.
3. Seattle Map | I started a map wall in our tv room/guest bedroom with a fold out couch and this map would fit right in with the NYC and Paris maps. I'd love to have one from each place I've visited (or at least the places that hold special memories for me).
4. Baggu Basic Gold Tote | Total gold fan. This one's for me.
5. Make Mistakes Tee | Also for me. I'd totally wear this.
6. Herschel Settlement Mid Orange Polka Dot Backpack | Anna would love this backpack. This would be a great gift filled with art supplies.
7. Herschel Little America Mid Butternut Backpack | And I'm a yellow fan so this one could also work for her if she needs a mid-year update.
8. The Holstee Manifesto Poster | I've come across this poster multiple times online and would love to hang it somewhere in my house where we'd all see it everyday. I like the idea of having messages like this on the wall that my kids read over and over again as they grow up.
9. Tic Tac Toe Activity Stamp Kit | This would be perfect entertainment when we need a little something to occupy and pass time at a restaurant.
10. My Antonia Book | One of my favorite books with a fantastic cover. Yes, I still buy printed books and I doubt I'll ever stop.
11. Guilford Linen Ottoman | One thing that majorly needs some attention around here is my bedroom. I love my bed but I'd like to have an ottoman like this one at the end of the bed - or at least something that feels grown-up and semi-decorated. I want my bedroom to be a peaceful, restful location. Right now it's still housing office furniture from when we moved all the stuff out of my office back in March.
Make sure to sign up for Fab's newsletter to be the first to know about their one of a kind finds. Free shipping and free returns.