And it looks like Cottage Living does not have the recipe up for the Coffee Cake Muffins yet. Here you go:
Coffee Cake Muffins from Cottage Living (12/2007)
Makes: 12 Muffins
Prep: 10 Mins
Bake: 20 Mins
Cool : 10 Mins
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon, divided
14 T unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened and divided
1 T baking powder
1/2 t kosher salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature (remove from fridge + set in bowl for 30 mins)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 t vanilla extract
powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
2. Combine 1/2 cup flour, light brown sugar, and 1/2 t cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 4 T butter with a pastry blender until streusel is crumbly; set aside.
3. Sift together remaining 2 cups of flour, remaining 1 t cinnamon, baking powder and kosher salt in a medium bowl. Mix sugar and remaining 10 T butter in a separate bowl at a medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat eggs, one at a time, into butter mixture until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing until smooth. Add vanilla, and mix well.
4. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling about 3/4 full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved streusel topping.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until springy and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 mins on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.