I can't tell you guys how good it feels to be home.
I'm home for awhile with no plans to go anywhere for a least a month. I love to travel, but man it feels good to settle in here again.
Here are a few things happening around here recently:
1. Type starts today. You still have some time to join this 12-week workshop that's focused on the ways we incorporate type into our memory keeping projects. One theme per week keeps it simple and focused and fun. I'd love to have you join the community. Full details here. For me it's going to be all type all the time for the foreseeable future.
2. My yard is coming alive (peonies coming soon as you can see in the photo above) and I'm looking forward to getting myself organized and efficient in my office so I can get outside more. Not having anywhere to travel for awhile helps give me the chance to get organized and stick to the tasks right in front of me (vs. having to get ready to go somewhere).
3. I have had zero interest in cooking for months now. Zero. It's an ebb and a flow for me generally - sometimes I'm totally into it and other times it's all I can do to get a decent meal together for the three of us. Popcorn counts at least once a week (with a side of cheese and apples of course).
4. My kids rooms are in dire need of a clean up and a clean out. The legos are out of control in Simon's room need to be sorted (this is more of a group project so I need to be ready to have the time to get in there and help with the organization by color into bins). The more "little kid" things need to be moved out of Anna's room and shared with someone who will give them love. I have an antique headboard and footboard in the garage that I'd love to get painted in a fun color for her room. Adding that to my list of things to make happen in the coming months.
5. Soccer has started again for Anna. I love watching her play and I love the chance to connect with other parents at her practices and games.
6. I can't believe that we are close to summer again. Our local outdoor pool will be opening next months which is one of my favorite things to do when the weather warms up.
7. Now is the time of year that we figure out what's happening for the kids during the summer. Chris and I will have a sit-down meeting soon to figure out the logistics - camps, Grandma & Grandpa time, camping, etc.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you to all of you who have supported me in the last year with the transition to the new site and the new products. Your continued support means so much to me - thank you for participating when you can and for continuing to want to tell stories together through products, inspiration and education.
TYPE WORKSHOP GIVEAWAY WINNER
Here's the winner of the Type workshop giveaway:
katie1980 | I'd love to take this class as it sounds amazing. Especially the fonts bit - I'd love to learn how to mix fonts and ideally space them right to be able to create my own "subway art" with the blocks of text with tons going on but with a clean look! I seriously thought about taking the class, but I just can't afford to right now, with three year old twins and too much going on, money wise. So to win this would be awesome! I'd really like to be involved with this classroom, Ali! Thanks for offering us the chance.
Congratulations Katie! We will be in touch.