Happy December 1, 2017.
Today many of us begin the seasonal process of identifying and capturing one story per day for the next 25 days or the next month.
Some of you will be making daily pages along with me, some of you will just be taking photos, some of you will just be journaling, and some of you will approach this project from an entirely different perspective. Whatever this project needs to be for you this year is how you should approach it.
Starting tomorrow I will be sharing my stories each day here on my blog.
As we begin I'd love to share a few things I have on my mind as I begin documenting my stories:
- Let's all take a collective deep breath. As awesome as this project can be, it can also be a source of stress for some people. You are the boss - don't let this project become stressful but rather use it as a tool to celebrate the season. Do not make it more complicated than it needs to be.
- Don't spend one minute comparing your stories or your process with what anyone else is doing. Your life = your stories. My life = my stories. They are all beautiful in their own way regardless of the season of life you are in right now. Use this project as an opportunity to find the joy in your own life.
- Establish a rhythm that works for you. Your documenting rhythm might look totally different from mine and that's perfectly okay. You might wait until January or later to work on your project. You might print your photos at the end of each week. You might be focusing more on words this year. Own your own story and your own process and then celebrate the stories that others are sharing.
- Go read my December Daily® Hopes For You. What I wrote last year still holds true today. You can do this.
May you savor your own season. May you find joy in the small moments. May you create a December season that is the right pace for you and your family. May you remember what's most important for you and continue to come back to that again and again.
Need more encouragement or inspiration?
- Check out my starting place/Foundation Pages for 2017.
- Join either my December Daily® Product Play or my Storytelling With December Daily® workshops and get immediate access to all the content.
- Review my past December Daily® blog posts.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Follow @december_daily on Instagram. You can also follow me @aliedwards or my main business account @aliedwardsdesigninc.
- Join the December Daily® Facebook group.
- Read my 25 Ideas And Story Inspirations.