Today I'm sharing a look at my completed 2019 Week In The Life™ album along with a process video so you can see the steps I went through to finish this up.
Check out my Bringing It All Together Part 1 post here.
Here's what happened following my previous post and a few things to keep in mind:
- I ended up printing 5, 3x4 photos and 4, 4x6 photos for each day. In past year's I've added in more photos - often adhering them back to back and then punching holes to add them to the album. This time I decided to just keep it to that number of photos (in addition to the enlargements I already printed in Part 1 of my process) and I'm happy with how it turned out. Remember, you absolutely don't have to include every single photo you took over the course of the week. In fact, the more times you do this project it's likely that you'll learn that you need fewer photos to tell the story of your week.
- I went with a simple approach and limited my supplies to complete my album. I find that taking away the choices of using everything I have here in my office helps me to completely simplify the process and to use what I have. For me that obviously comes from the products that I offer here, but the idea can be use whether you use my products or not. Limit yourself to a few products as you bring your project together and let them do the work for you.
- Remember, there is no perfect life. There is just the beautiful, messy thing you have right in front of you right now. Make this project work for you.
As always I'm so thankful to this community for coming together and sharing your stories over the course of the last few weeks. Let's do it again next year!
Let's take a look at how it all came together (I'm not adding text below every photo in this post as so much of it is covered in the video and it's repetitive - let me know if you have questions):
One thing I added was the "a week in the life" chipboard piece to the inside cover of my album.
I love that no matter what page I turn to in the album I can see that title along the side.
Information on how I set this album up before I did any of the documenting can be found here (post includes a word art download for the quote you see above).
In this part of the process I added my 3x4 and 4x6 photos and then added embellishments on top.
I loved adding the transparent circle stickers from the Variety Sticker Bundle and ended up adding them to a bunch of my photos throughout the album.
I decided to add 3x4 photos to the 3x4 journal cards I'd added in during the set-up process for my album. I did this mainly because I kept all my journaling together vs. separating it out to go alongside individual images.
On top of my enlarged images I added the patch stickers from the Main Kit.
I added Avery Index Tabs to the 3x8 food pages. As you'll see below I still need to add my food on some days.
I also printed 3x8 photos for each day that have something to do with food. On top of those images I aded the cork days of the week from the Main Kit.
For the last four 4x6 pockets for each day I added 4x6 images I printed with a white border. On top of many of those images I added the black die cuts from the Main Kit or chipboard pieces or circle stickers. I generally just added one per photo.
I pretty much just followed that formula for the rest of the days.
Loved adding that large black + white circle from the Main Kit onto my sunset photo.
Yep, still need to add my food for the day.
Love looking for opportunities to place embellishments inside shapes in my images (like the cork in the coffee cup).
On a couple pages I added chipboard pieces to the back of the transparencies.
Loved using words/phrases from the sticker bundle on one of the photos from Anna's soccer practice.
Thank you so much for being a part of this year's adventure in documenting a Week In The Life™. Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
- Week In The Life™ 2019 Kit
- Week In The Life™ 6x8 Album (includes page protectors)
- Week In The Life™ 2019 Chipboard Bundle
- Week In The Life™ 2019 6x8 Layered Templates Vol 6
- Week In The Life™ 2019 Variety Sticker Bundle
- Week In The Life™ 2019 Phrase Sticker Bundle
- 6x8 Page Protector
- One Canoe Two Rolling Date Stamp
- One Canoe Two Floral Pattern Paper
- Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Horizon Text Pattern Paper
- Avery Index Tabs
- Tiny Attacher
- Black StazOn Ink
- Black & White Twine
- 6 Hole Punch
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Scotch Rolling Adhesive
- Epson Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Neenah Bright White Cardstock
- Canon MG7720 printer