I am super excited to embark on the 2019 version of Week In The Life™ alongside so many of you starting next week on Monday, May 6th.
Here are a couple things I invite you to keep in mind:
- The goal of this project is not to compare yourself with others. The goal of this project is to embrace + celebrate the life you are living right now.
- There is no rule and no recommendation to document every single detail of your week. My hope is that you take this opportunity to pay closer attention to your life and capture some words and photos along the way.
- Have fun with this project. If you start getting stressed, ease up on your expectations. Remember that you don't have to be taking photos every minute of the day - that's absolutely not the point.
- When thinking about what stories to tell, consider what you wish you knew about your Mom, Grandma, Dad, Aunt, etc at this point in their life and focus in on those kinds of stories. What do you wish you knew about the life they were living at any given point in time? My guess is you might wish you knew a little more about how they were "feeling" in their life - you might have an idea of some of the facts of their lives but do you have a sense of how they felt about it all?
- If you feel like your life is exactly the same as it was last year I totally challenge that assumption - lovingly of course. One of the goals of this project is to encourage you to pay attention to what is actually happening in your life - if you are alive your life is not exactly the same as it was last year because you have grown and the world has kept right on spinning. If you are having a hard time valuing your individual story I would suggest focusing on gratitude in this album: make a list of the things you are thankful for each day or at least include that as one of your stories. Lives change in an instant and you really never know what tomorrow will bring.
If you'd like to use Daily Sheets to help you focus your storytelling you can find those in last year's getting ready post here.
I'll be sharing my daily photos and words here on the blog just as I have in past years next week.
I recorded a little video yesterday as a pep talk to give you a few more things to consider as we embark on this project:
To get you even more in the mood here are some links to recent + past posts:
Read my Week In The Life™ Photo Tips.
Read this post about Stories I'm Thinking Of Including as you consider the stories you might want to include.
Click over to this post to read about how I played a bit with my album before the project begins + thoughts on my overall approach for 2019.
And want to learn how to work with the Week In The Life™ Layered Templates? Check out this post for that.
Make this project your own. You've got this and I'll be doing it right alongside you.