Today I wanted to share how I worked with the content from the Pieces Of Us self portrait adventure last week.
I've been loving seeing what people are creating with these stories (keep sharing + using the #aepiecesofus hashtag). I'll be featuring some of the ideas here on my blog over the coming weeks.
I had a whole lot of fun putting this together. I loved working outside of the page protectors and I loved getting messy with some paints and I loved handwriting my journaling.
And yep, as you'll see my date is wrong on here! It happens. I'm going to re-do the background piece of cardstock with the correct date.
Here's a look at what I did for this adventure:
I decided I wanted to put this project into my "Me" 6x8 album that holds stories about me.
Here's a basic overview of my process - check out the video below for the full step by step as it was happening.
- I used a piece of cardstock that was cut to the same as the divided page protectors for my foundation.
- I printed my photos 6 inch x 6 inch and then created a cascade of images.
- I cut out 7, 6x6 pieces of white cardstock and painted them using yellow paints (sources listed at the bottom of this post) + a gelli plate. Big thanks to Mou Saha in the Get Messy classroom for the tutorial that showed me how to play around with those.
- After those painted pages dried I adhered them to the back of the photos and then arranged them in place.
- I used washi tape to hold my pages in place. I left a bit of "space" between the top page + the following page so that the washi sticks to the background piece of cardstock.
- I used a brush pen to add my journaling for this project.
- I used my sewing machine to create messy stitches around the printed + circle punched title and to keep my yellow trim in place.
Here's a look at how it all turned out.
Here's a process video to show you how this all came together:
- 6x8 Greige Album
- White Cardstock
- Epson XP 15000 Printer
- Rolling Date Stamp
- Yellow Trim
- Seek Knowledge Pattern Paper
- Pieces Of Us/Pieces Of Me Digital File
- Brother Sewing Machine
- Kuretake Brush Pen
- Golden Titante Yellow Paint
- Golden Primary Yellow Fluid Acrylic
- Liquitex Gesso
- Golden Titan Buff Paint
- 6x6 Gelli Plate
- Black Stripe Washi Tape
- Large Yellow + White Washi Tape
- 3 inch Circle Punch