Hello June.

Simonbike

Hello June.

We are so excited to see you and all that you have to offer. Simon is looking forward to the opening of the outdoor pool with the big blue slide. Chris is looking forward to some time to read a book about Andrew Jackson. As for me, I am looking forward to a little family adventure to Chicago and to the idea of simply moving forward.

Love, The Edwards

Dottedline

Here's a look at other things happening around here recently:

Guests + Interviews:

Scrapsupply

[ 1. ] I was invited to be a guest designer for the Scrapsupply June newsletter. My two projects shown above were part of an article by Sharyn Tormanen about dealing with longer stories. The first is an album that includes a collection of memories about my Grandmother and the second showcases our engagement in the current political process (and utilizes a really cool Memory Book Swinging Shutter Page Protector that is perfect for longer stories). [ Here is a direct link to the first project and to the second project. ]

[ 2. ] 10 Questions with Ali Edwards @ Scrapjazz

[ 3. ] Interview on Illustrating Stories : Take some time to check out this site - there is all kinds of creative goodness & sharing happening here.

Dottedline

Everyday Life Photobook:

Phobook_everydaylife

A few months back I posted about the new Celebrate Everyday Life Photobook template I created for Shutterfly. Here's a look at my entire finished book: Celebrate Everyday Life Photobook.

One of the cool things about creating these books is that
they don't have to be done in one sitting. You can begin working and
hit save to complete the book later. Don't forget to check out the articles if you are looking for more information or ideas on how to put one of these together.

This would make a great Father's Day gift (or start now for the winter holidays).

Edited: As far as I know there is no time line for how long this project will be available on Shutterfly's website. It is not intended as a limited time project.

Dottedline

AE Newsletter

Look for a new issue of the AE newsletter to reach your inbox this Wednesday. I am setting myself up with a new schedule to bring those to you regularly on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. [ To sign up to receive the email enter your email address in the box along the left side of this page. ]

Dottedline

Music List from CKU

For those of you that have been in my class at CKU over the last year or so I created a link to that iMix that can be accessed here. Looking forward to a new group of students in Houston later this week.

1. Nicky Anderson

2008-06-02 06:53:49 -0400

Happy June - the scene looks familiar to our place - Brody has a bigger bike, still training wheels - hope to work on those later this year. Nice to see the sun, although it is raining here. Also, noted above - if you could let me know if Shutterfly is going to only have your template up for a limited time - I also love my book, and am still blown away when I pick it up to look at it or show someone. It has become a favorite of Brody's as it goes under the pillow at night!!!! So happy with it.
    Thanks for Sharing.
    Nicky

2. Ali

2008-06-02 07:01:39 -0400

As far as I know there is no time line for how long this project will be available on Shutterfly's website. It is not intended as a limited time project :)

3. Emily J

2008-06-02 07:03:04 -0400

All I can say is SO INSPIRING....all of the posts have flooded me with ideas and prompts of things I want to do....Have a great day!! Emily

4. Kim Bolyard

2008-06-02 07:11:05 -0400

I have been working on my shutterfly book of yours since you first blogged about it....it is work in progress and I love that I can keep going back to it when the mood strikes me.
    peace
    Kim

5. Pam

2008-06-02 08:40:45 -0400

Your blog just makes me happy! Thanks for sharing so much of your life and your art. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Pam

6. ms ellie

2008-06-02 10:09:21 -0400

The "Beyonce of scrapbooking"!!
    you go, girl!

7. Michelle Shuman

2008-06-02 11:34:22 -0400

Fantastic projects, Ali! Your "Celebrate Everyday Life Photobook" is amazing...what a treasure that will be for Simon as he grows up!! Keep it up, girl ;o)
    ~Michelle

8. Jenn A.

2008-06-02 11:54:36 -0400

Ali, I really love how that photobook turned out. It's so simple and beautiful, and I love the way it is organized. Thanks for sharing it with us!

9. heather mccollom

2008-06-02 12:18:02 -0400

YOu continue to inspire and amaze me.....thank you soooo very much for the music list.
    be well

10. Kiley

2008-06-02 13:31:25 -0400

Hey Ali, just curious what your printer tray looks like finished I have the same one and I'm itching to get started just looking for a boost. (the second photo tray you just posted the photo)
    THANKS!!
    Self proclaimed Ali geek

11. Wendy WendtVanGuilder

2008-06-02 14:37:03 -0400

thanks so much for sharing you iMix!!! I havn't been to a CKU since Chitown two years ago and I remember you had great music then! I have just this spring become an iPod, iMac junkie so it was fun to get your music. Thanks again !!!

12. lk

2008-06-02 15:02:43 -0400

Hey! It was fun havng dinner with you at artfest, even if all my food *was* brown.... did you submit stuff for teaching?
    LOL

13. Emily Barklage

2008-06-02 15:42:36 -0400

You MUST go here in Chicago: http://www.chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/
    It's the best!

14. tchrtiff

2008-06-02 17:13:49 -0400

I can't believe it! I got on to your blog to read it (as I do daily) but also to tell you that I decided to make a "Celebrate Everyday Life" photobook and here I see you wrote about it in today's post! I decided last night that I wanted to make the book and then decided late late last night to make it a Father's Day gift for my hubby. I've been a shutterbug all day today getting the right photos to include. I hope to have it done by the 5th to receive it in time. Thanks for a great template of pages in the book! I haven't been this excited about a project in a long time!

15. Tonja Trump

2008-06-02 23:06:26 -0400

Ali~
    We had so much fun with you at ScrapSupply! Thanks again for being a great Bingo Caller!! And I'm not just saying that 'cause I won either..we had a fantabulous time!

16. Shelly Kettell

2008-06-03 03:13:28 -0400

As always...SO much Great information!!!
    Thanks for sharing! Love you!

17. Sarah

2008-06-03 07:43:49 -0400

How funny it is that Simon is wearing a sweatshirt jacket! Down here in Texas we can't take enough of it off!!
    Sarah

18. Betsy

2008-06-03 15:48:58 -0400

Can't wait to meet you at WCS!!! I think Simon would love Lincoln Park Zoo, especially the ape house. The aquarium is always a good bet too, and then there's the Sue at the Field Museum...

19. LisaZ

2008-06-03 16:53:07 -0400

Thanks for the music list, Ali. Brings back fond memories of sharing the day with you in Detroit. Still rockin' out to "SexyBack" with Nicole & Jenn...LOL!

20. Elizabeth Esther

2008-06-03 17:41:52 -0400

I just finished creating your photo book on Shutterfly. It was SO AWESOME! I love your book and want to make more. You can see my book here:
    Thank you, Ali!
    I'm a big fan!!!

21. Elizabeth Esther

2008-06-03 17:44:02 -0400

p.s. i forgot to add that I made it for my husband for father's day. I hope he likes it! It was so easy to make and so much fun, too.
    My only glitch was that I didn't have enough photos to match all the specific themes---so I improvised and used a couple themes more than once. Is that OK? ;-)

22. Molly

2008-06-05 02:57:56 -0400

I just took a few minutes to watch the 'everyday life' shutterfly slideshow. That is a powerful layout template you've created! beautifully done! What a simplified way to make a book. LOVE it.

23. MamaMaria

2008-06-05 05:11:27 -0400

Love the bike shot, have one of my guy Jack I just got great paper for...
    Ali check out PedalMagic.com - great site for teaching bike riding to our special kids. Inspiration for you who inspires me!

24. Karen

2008-06-06 03:00:11 -0400

I love the swinging protector for longer stories. But, each time I see those photos of O'Bama I want to ask....given the fact that it is John McCain not O'Bama who guided the one billion dollar 2006 autism bill through congress, and reviewing not just their words, but their actions on autism. Aren't you torn between canidates? When people show you who they are believe them and all that.

25. shaina

2008-06-06 07:02:55 -0400

i just wanted to tell you how much i loved your shutterfly template. i made one for my husband as an anniversary present. i can't wait to give it to him. one year on the 22nd! :D i thought maybe you would like to see it if you had a moment to look.
    thanks again