Little Miss Anna-Pants

t-shirt from Amy Tangerine

Little miss Anna-pants.

I'm so excited to experience the Christmas season with Anna this year. She's saying "Santa" and "tree" and definitely checking out all the changes in decor happening around here.

She loves removing everything from my wallet.

She also loves to run into the laundry room and pull out the swimming towels. She brings one to me yelling "Swimming! Swimming!" When we take her to the pool her favorite thing is jumping in from the side and going all the way under the water.

Baby dolls and the care of those dolls are big on her list of things she likes to play with right now. Feeding them, changing their "diapers," taking them shopping ("bye-bye" she says as she pushes them in her toy grocery cart).

She runs from one end of the porch to the other and back again. Enjoys it most when Simon or other little friends are doing it too.

She is growing so fast. Almost every pair of pants I put on her are way, way too short (but of course they still fit around the waist) so we're in the middle of a clothing purge of all things that too small.

Everything is also about the "potty" right now. Dolls on the potty. Anna on the potty. She loves getting a little happy face sticker when she uses the potty.

Simon's sweatshirts and his bathrobe (seen in the image above) are a couple of her current favorite things.

She is a tyrant with a pencil, crayon, or pen. I love this. Simon has never had much of an interest in coloring - it's fun to have a kid that wants to color and draw and scribble (even if she currently wants to color on anything and everything).

"Mine" and "no" are two words that we hear loud and clear.

A few weeks ago she mastered the word "paci" (what we call her pacifier) - it doesn't come out quite like you're reading it, but she knows what she's saying. We got in the car after running some errands one day and she kept saying the same thing over and over and I couldn't figure out what it was. She was steadily getting more worked up, I'm looking around trying to see what she's pointing to when it hits me that she might be saying paci (something that's often up in the front seat, saved for necessary occasions). I said "paci" and she in a very exasperated, very clear voice she says, "yeeeesssssss."

We just love her. She's been such a wonderful addition to our family.

1. heidig

2010-11-29 15:33:29 -0500

She's adorable! You have such a wonderful little family. Happy Holidays!

2. Randa

2010-11-29 16:12:04 -0500

Love the pics of Anna and her relationship with Simon.
    I have 2 boys...never thought we'd really ever get pregnant again, but I am expecting! And, if we ever had a girl, I always planned that her name would be Anna. (my mom's and my middle name is DeAnn and mil is Diann). We are praying for an end to complications with this pregnancy, and we'll find out the gender soon!

Your Anna is a precious one :) Thanks for sharing.

3. Christy Pair

2010-11-29 16:15:27 -0500

Check out the golden book Little Mommy on Amazon. My daughter loves her babies and loves that book!

4. Susan Usry

2010-11-29 16:45:38 -0500

So so true! Our Addie Grace is only a few months older than Anna -it is such a relief to hear someone else say favorite words include mine, no no, and paci! We just upgraded from pi to paci! We though we were so something when it came out like an actual word! Keep sharing sweet stories!

5. Nancy Wyatt

2010-11-29 17:32:41 -0500

What a cutie patootie she is and I just love, Love, LOVE the photo of her in Simons bathrobe! Thanks for sharing your beautiful children with us! It is especially wonderful for me because I don't have any so I get to live through you guys who do! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

6. Heather

2010-11-29 17:37:09 -0500

I just love reading the little daily stories you share about Anna. She is growing up so fast. My son William is just about a year older than Anna, and we are starting the process of autism testing with him. I had hoped and prayed that he would be "normal" (his sister Hannah, age 8, is autistic) but reading about others' little ones and all the myriad funny things they do, I have to acknowledge that he is not quite all there. So much sadness in my heart right now because of that - but joy too at seeing that there are little ones out there like your Anna that are just living life and loving it. God bless you & yours...

7. LaurieJay

2010-11-29 19:10:00 -0500

LOVE the picture of Anna in Simon's clothes reading a book. Jeez, how time flies. I remember when you told us that you were pregnant, and now look at that beautiful little Anna. What a precious little princess.

8. Erin Whelan

2010-11-29 20:02:40 -0500

Ali, thank you for sharing your family with us. Anna's are the best. I am an Anne (middle name) and my grandma was an Anna (her middle name). As for the shortness in the pants, I totally sympathsize. I was 5'7" by the 5th grade, I mostly wore overalls (hehe totally dated myself there) because I wouldn't grow out of them as fast. I was the tallest in my class until the 8th or 9th grade oh and I have bright red hair and PINK glasses but that's a story for another time ;)

9. Pam

2010-11-29 20:50:56 -0500

Thanks for sharing all things new & wonderful with Miss Anna. She is adorable!!!

10. Stephanie

2010-11-29 21:01:44 -0500

I love listening to our little ones learning to talk. They just assume we know just what they are saying. Afterall, don't we just assume the same with them!
    Our not-understandable word was (phonetically) ahhhhh-me. Didn't understand what my daughter was saying for a couple of weeks and was greeted with complete frustration until one day I fed her some ice cream and she just smiled and says "Ummmm, ahhhhhhh-me!" To this day, hubby and I still pass an ice cream shop and smile and say "Ummmmm, ahhhhh-me!"

11. TracieClaiborne

2010-11-29 21:53:16 -0500

Oh she is adorable. I LOVE the pic of her in Simon's bathrobe. My baby used to say BEBE!!! (meaning pacifier) and she would say it so dramatic and southern and drawn out that it sounded like she was gonna die if she didn't get it. Anna is at such a great age! So glad you're capturing it all.

12. carriep

2010-11-29 21:56:00 -0500

Love how you share your family with us!

13. rani

2010-11-29 22:30:38 -0500

Very sweet! This is bringing back memories of our girls first holiday! It seems those were the simple times! Trying to recapture those moments year after year!

14. Audrey Yeager

2010-11-30 02:06:03 -0500

I have a little girl a few months younger than Anna and I just love reading your stories because I feel like you are describing MY child! The pens and pencils, going through my wallet, and while listening to Chritmas Carols in the car the other day, out of nowhere she said "Ho, Ho, Ho"! So so much fun!

15. Cherie

2010-11-30 02:08:03 -0500

That picture of her reading in the bathrobe is classic! So cute!

16. Brooke

2010-11-30 02:08:38 -0500

I think it's so special to capture these moments in time. I love how fun toddler's are. Their personality is so clear by this stage.

17. Rebekah Pontow

2010-11-30 02:44:49 -0500

I love this little story about Anna. I try to write about my daughter in the same way and just remember the little moments of new words and silly behaviors.

18. Heather

2010-11-30 06:58:01 -0500

Love this - My daughter is a two months younger than Anna and is interested in much of the same things- babies, running and potty. She calls her pacifier a 'binky' and luckily, it is easy to say. She always says binky and pats our pockets. :) Anna is darling Ali - just like her brother.

19. Melissa

2010-11-30 20:51:44 -0500

My heart just melts reading this post. I am so happy for you that are getting to experience this time. When my son was this age, he starting singing the songs on the radio in the car. His first song? "This Kiss" by Faith Hill. It was so sweet hearing the words "This kiss, this kiss ...." coming out of his mouth from the back seat. A few weekends ago I was organizing my scrapbook room and had to stop every 30 minutes and have a good cry because I kept coming across photos from when he was younger. Enjoy every single second .... it goes by at lightning speed and it just keeps getting faster and faster. He's 12 now ....

20. Amy

2010-11-30 21:28:42 -0500

I LOVE LOVE the picture of her in Simon's bathrobe. If you haven't yet ordered your photo Christmas cards, that one gets my vote! :-)

It took me a while to figure out the word "music" from my two year old. It sounded like "nougat", and I just kept thinking about Three Muskateers Bars. (Sad, yes?)

21. Danielle Taylor

2010-12-01 06:46:06 -0500

She is growing so fast! Love the photo of her in the robe adorable!

22. Nicole

2010-12-01 13:51:20 -0500

What a sweetie. I just had one of those exasperated "yesssssss" moments with Eleanor the other day too. :)

23. Katy

2010-12-01 17:58:08 -0500

She's so adorable. Love the bathrobe

24. Michele M.

2010-12-01 22:20:10 -0500

Hearing your stories about Anna always make me smile because they remind me of my daughter, Leah, who is about a month younger than Anna is (she was born March 18). I can always related to what you're going through (the in-between sizes of clothes, wanting to be on the potty and a total and complete love for the paci)--they are all things we're experiencing in our house right now and I want to capture every minute of it! :)

25. Erika

2010-12-13 12:27:40 -0500

She is so flippin cute!!!! Thank you for sharing about your little girl with us :) Makes me VERY excited to have my own in April!