Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Welcome to Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Let's start with the left side:

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

I'm in an online class right now called Unravelling: Ways Of Seeing Myself and my first three photos this week came about as a result of the first assignment.

One thing you might notice is that the journaling cards don't at all match the photos. Some weeks they do and other weeks (like this one) they don't. Obviously I'm totally fine with that. I felt like I did a good job this week of getting some of those great little stories written down as they were happening (including a message to the universe to please, please, please send some sun).

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Because of our adventure to Seattle over the weekend I've got a couple of inserts this week.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

The first is a long journaler that includes "I want to remember this" journaling from this post.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

I repeated the long journaler design to fit the rest of the words on the back and included a couple photos to fill the space.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

A 6x12 American Crafts divided page protector holds some of my favorite images from the weekend.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

Good times.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Two

The right side includes more photos from the weekend, my ticket to the concert, a bus ticket, and a couple other little stories.

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The album kit (similar to the one I’m using) is available for purchase through Amazon. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. dawn

2011-06-07 06:19:08 -0400

Ali how fun the class sounds, will have to check it out more. Love all the family pictures you got to include from your weekend. I just made a potty chart for my little cousin that I babysit for. She has starting to have a hard time but as soon as I said stickers she was happy. Hope your Anna is successful with it too. Thanks for sharing with us again this week.

2. Jennifer P

2011-06-07 08:50:08 -0400

Every week I look forward to your project life post. I'm behind on mine and your results inspire me to do a little more to catch up. Thank you for sharing.

3. Jennifer Levin

2011-06-07 09:31:40 -0400

Ali, I always enjoy seeing what you've done for the week in Project Life. Thank you for continuing to share it with us. It truly inspires me to keep going with my own album.

Have a great week! ~Jen

4. Libbi M.

2011-06-07 09:55:24 -0400

Tuesday's are the best because... I get to see Ali's Project Life updates. Thank you for sharing how you used the journaling card in the "Bike" note. I have been wondering how to use those.

5. JoLynn

2011-06-07 09:57:04 -0400

It looks like the kits are sold out but a new one is coming this summer! My son is being deployed to Afghanistan in August and I am going to do one to document my life for him while he is gone. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

6. ShellyJ

2011-06-07 10:23:09 -0400

I really look forward to your Project Life posts :) thanks so much for sharing with all of us! now to get cranking on mine!

7. Susannah Conway

2011-06-07 10:41:44 -0400

i love how you put these together, Ali! i'm now thinking about how i can do a similar project to record my precious weekends with my nephew :)

8. gabby

2011-06-07 11:15:22 -0400

i'm laughing about anna and the ham-- she's adorable!
    xoxo.

9. Gretchen

2011-06-07 11:54:29 -0400

It's the opposite for me Ali- in Tucson I hope for clouds! I'll try to send some sun your way ;)
    Love the pictures of your weekend,
    Gretchen

10. Kim Howard

2011-06-07 13:10:00 -0400

You are such an inspiration for keeping my book going, even though I'm behind on printing pictures, I have them aside to edit at least and the journaling is done. Thanks for sharing that peek into your creative thinking!

11. Mary

2011-06-07 13:39:20 -0400

My handwriting is heinous! Could you please tell me the font that you use in the long journaler? I want to buy them off Designer Digitals, but am worried I don't have the right font.

Thanks a million! Love all your work!

12. Cynthia

2011-06-07 13:45:56 -0400

Love your PL this week; I love how you keep changing up the little elements so that there is always something different. Anna and the ham; love that! Does she like the book "Green Eggs and Ham?"

Thank you for the generosity in sharing so much about your life.

13. Kerry

2011-06-07 17:55:18 -0400

I love this Ali it is so gorgeous xx

14. AC

2011-06-07 19:27:59 -0400

Hi Ali, I love your PL and look forward to reading your posts every week. I get so much inpiration from how you document your life, from the pictures to the memorabilias. I do not do PL, but I do a monthly version using CZ's the monthly templates. I bought your long journaler to use with the monthly template. I love your long journaler it's just that I could not figure out what to do for the back of it. I can fill out the front with my journaling but the back seems empty. I see your post this time you have some pictures, is there a way you can design collages to fit the long journaler? Thanks in advance!

15. Stacey K

2011-06-07 20:18:50 -0400

Thanks again for the inspiration. I usually journal when i sit down to do my layout for the week & forget the cute things my girls say or do so I grabbed two cards &hottest down 'dont kiss me, I not precious' & 'be very carefully of me I special'

16. Rachel Witthaus

2011-06-07 21:40:58 -0400

Thanks for sharing your Project Life each week. I love reading it and I love that it is a snapshot of what is going on and doesn't need to be as complicated as scrapbook layouts and that it all doesn't have to match. I would love to start one of my own but I wonder if it would be better to do it as a 'year' project rather than to start it randomly in the middle of nowhere?

17. Amanda

2011-06-07 23:49:31 -0400

Hi Ali, could you tell me what pen you wrote the Anna popcorn/ham quote in? It looks really solid, like paint...?

18. Erica Hettwer

2011-06-08 01:01:31 -0400

Hi Ali,
    Do you have any suggestions on how to/what kind of format to use to scrap something really hard? We had a very hard experience last month and I do want to scrap it but I'm not sure how to keep the layouts/mini book I do out of the general population of stuff. This isn't one of those, oh the kids were fighting kind of thing, that I can include in the everyday stuff. This is kind of the punch you in the gut stuff.
    It turned out miraculously and I want to give thanks for that while documenting our struggle/despair/pain in the beginning. However, if I just plop it in an album I'm afraid someone's going to go from a layout documenting my daughter's wild curls to this event.
    I'm just a bit too close to have perspective and would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

19. Erica Hettwer

2011-06-08 02:57:15 -0400

It does help. :) For some reason, I had it in my head that I needed to keep it all together.

I've already blogged the entire story because of those three reasons you listed and more. There were hundreds of people praying for us and I wanted to share it with them. It was hard but I found out that friends of ours had sent a link to the emergency responders and it made me so very happy to be able to give those people a sense of closure and a happy ending for once.

I also felt okay blogging because I was able to preface the story with a warning to my readers. I can't really do that in my albums but I can keep the layouts about the easier to take stuff, Mickey's recovery, the hundreds of Facebook messages, how amazing Doernbecher's is, etc in our main books and put the gut-wrenching stuff in my own private mini album or just separate album. I really want to record all this for our family and especially to help me.
    Thank you for your help. I've met you a few times and you've always been wonderful. You are very much appreciated!

20. cinback

2011-06-08 15:28:06 -0400

I echo your request for SUN!

21. emily j

2011-06-09 09:21:15 -0400

This weeks layout is very inspiring for me...and I need a little right now...love it.

22. Miami Momma

2011-06-10 18:42:27 -0400

Thanks for sharing!So glad to have taken a look at life project. This looks the perfect way for me to catch up on way toooo many years of photos in a box or on the computer. And that's NOT helped by me being a photographer. I have the stories in my head to go along with every image I've every taken. Kind of scary. But now i can simplify and capture the essence in such a clever and quick way. can't wait to order and get started. Your blog and sharing are AMAZING!!! thanks so much for embracing us all in this journey of Motherhood ;)