Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

Welcome to Project Life | Week Twenty-Six.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

I felt a little rushed to get this week together.

I started off on the right track by sticking things in the pockets at the beginning of the week but got distracted as the week went on (any one know how that goes...). I finished it up tonight and am happy as always for the photos have a home even with just a few words added in for context.

The things I said to myself tonight included some of my old favorites: don't make it more complicated than it needs to be and just get it done.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

Something I liked this week was taking a couple of the things I'd tucked in the pockets and stapling or adhering them right onto the photos. It made sense for the ticket and a little Cars circle that I cut from a brochure Katie brought home from the movie.

Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

The label stickers I used this week are from Cosmo Cricket's Odds And Ends Collection ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com ). I loved that they had just the top (or the bottom if you look at it that way) rounded and wish that they had a whole sheet of just these stickers!

26 weeks of our lives all in one place. That's so totally cool.

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces of the album kit (similar to the one I’m using) are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. Diane

2011-07-05 23:19:52 -0400

As always, thanks for sharing!
    I love the little label stickers. I also really like how you incorporate black and white photos occasionally. Do you have any advice on how you decide which photos will work well in black and white? I want to try it, but I'm not sure where to start.
    Can you believe this week marks one half of the year documented? So fun!

2. Chris

2011-07-05 23:25:21 -0400

Officially halfway through the year! Great job! I just love your approach to Project Life. Just.love.it.

* edited 08/11/14 07:26AM
  3. Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

2011-07-06 00:10:20 -0400

Love all the little things that make your pages unique..like the stickers and stapling. Also, the change-up by putting photos in the smaller pockets as well. For you,it's the halfway mark, for me, the beginning because I finally got the kick start I needed. My fortune cookie last week said,"Write down your life events in a journal." so I opened my Project Life box and began. *smile*
    @scrapcollectr

4. Molly

2011-07-06 02:00:46 -0400

I'm going to HAVE to do this now. it does look SO cool.

5. dawn

2011-07-06 05:44:31 -0400

Great week for you and the kids, love the added tags. Anna seems to be the star this week. Great tent and glad you tested it out, I'm sure the kids loved it. Thanks for sharing.

6. Nancy

2011-07-06 07:05:27 -0400

Hi Ali,

Just wondering, was this Anna's first movie theater experience? Cars 2 is premiering here today and I'd really love to go with my son, but I'm not sure if he will be able to sit out the whole movie. Morrison's only a few days younger than Anna... He is able to sit out a whole movie at home on the couch, but the movie theater is a totally different thing, I imagine?

Love to hear about how she experienced it!

Nancy
    The Netherlands

7. dawn

2011-07-06 08:17:25 -0400

Ali, I'm hoping you can help me. I want to find the guest posts and summer ideas you posted last summer when your family went away for a couple weeks. Having a hard time remembering when this was exactly, does this ring a bell. I know there was some cute ideas for kids and was trying to find them, no luck though. Thanks for any help you can give me.

8. Vianna

2011-07-06 08:21:39 -0400

Ali, you definitely have staying power, talent & dedication - still scrapbooking beautifully after all these years ... I have fallen off the creative wagon, though I still print the good photos, write some documentation on the back and stick them in those dollar photo albums one picks up at Wallmart ... All is not totally lost, I hope.

9. Tracy

2011-07-06 08:47:03 -0400

Thanks for sharing Ali! Love what you do with Project Life! I know you have probably been asked this a million times but...do you print all your pics at home for Project Life? It seems like that would be something you would really have to stay on top of to be doing it weekly. Thanks! Have a great day!

10. Paula in Australia

2011-07-06 09:06:16 -0400

Hi Ali Love the photo of Anna in the cinema. What settings did you use on your camera? Was it with a flash? Love it!

11. Sue

2011-07-06 09:36:59 -0400

Another exciting and busy week for your family. You're halfway to 1012!

12. Annie

2011-07-06 09:42:15 -0400

Hi Ali - I've been admiring your project life album since you started this year and I'm eager to start my own - I've been snapping pictures and collecting bits & pieces and journaling as I go... but I've hit a roadblock - I really want to include wallet size pictures but I'm not sure how to print them off myself or where to get them developed (most places require you to get duplicates of wallet size photos...) any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated!

13. Debora Prass

2011-07-06 10:23:48 -0400

The key is not making it more complicated than it needs to be! I feel a little overwhelmed in weeks where I have too many photos too choose from, even adding an extra page is not enough. And then I tell my self that is not necessary to have aaaalll the pictures in there to tell a story! Love love love this project...

14. KSW

2011-07-06 10:24:50 -0400

Another exciting, busy week. Love the lake shot, and as always the bit of BW gives it some place for the eyes to rest. Fantastic.

15. lindsey

2011-07-06 11:24:22 -0400

Every week I drool over your project life. Every week I say I'm gonna start. Thank you for putting your 'don't make it more complicated than it needs to be and just get it done' quotes in your post this week. I needed to hear it!

Chomping at the bit to find out what kind of layout you will be using for week in the life and wondering if I can purchase it to kick start my project life?

16. machelle

2011-07-06 11:25:09 -0400

I love your project life book. I do a version (Cathy Z.) digitally but I love your ability to include other things like ticket stubs instead of scanned items in your layouts. A few years back I tried project life but when anyone would grab my book, the little journal cards would fall out and so I kind of gave up on it. How do you keep those to stay in the pockets or is your family just more careful?
    Thanks,
    Machelle

17. Ali

2011-07-06 11:37:56 -0400

Hi Marchelle - I haven't had an issue with the cards falling out (except for my album from 2010 that fell off a shelf and everything fell out). This one sits on the counter or on the floor if the kids want to look at it - I do feel that we are careful with it...but not to the extent that it's not enjoyed.

18. Deb J

2011-07-06 13:08:37 -0400

I really have been enjoying your Project Life album. I love keeping up with your family and seeing all the neat things you do with the kids. I'm single with no kids and my elderly mother lives with me. I am also disabled so I don't get out and do a lot. I tried to do project life but found that I had little to record that was interesting. I found myself hunting for things to take pictures of and things to talk about. I finally gave up. I think I may do Month at a time rather than a week. Maybe that will work better. Your album makes me want to do something.

19. Jana

2011-07-06 17:28:12 -0400

Yay, we love "the Dream!" Hope you enjoyed yourselves there! Fun busy week like always!

20. Amber

2011-07-07 02:29:56 -0400

Hey, that's me :) I love watching your project life unfold. So excited to get a huge stack of photos in the mail soon and get scrapping again! And I can't wait for week in the life. Let's get together again soon!

21. Teneille

2011-07-08 01:42:31 -0400

I started Project Life in January. I got connected to your site through Becky's Twitter. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts. I love the digital overlays that you have created. I have a Mac. I do all of my photo editing using iPhoto. How would I use the overlays? Could I use them in iPhoto? Do I need another program? Project Life has helped me simplify my documentation. Something that I can manage. I still need to keep things simple. The overlays seems like a really fun touch, but still simple! your help would be greatly appreciated.

22. Crystal

2011-07-08 17:12:11 -0400

Hey Ali, just wondering how you are doing the split of your albums. Mine is also getting full and I'm starting on album #2 in July. But I as put in my last week of June, I thought hmmm, how's this going to work? Did you split a week? And the back page is part of a week, the front page of the new album is the other part? Or did you do an ending page and have another introductory page in album 2? If I do that, won't I run out of page protectors? Just wondering what solution you came up with. Thanks. :)

23. links for inspiration « Becky's Blog

2011-07-12 15:28:00 -0400

[...] Ali Edwards [...]

24. P. Poetker

2011-07-29 12:25:35 -0400

Ali -
    A few questions with regard to your daily project (if you don't mind)...
    What do you do with all of the photographs after you take them? Store them on some sort of drive?
    What tool/resources do you use for printing your photographs? I always do projects but don't have immediate access to my pictures to complete my project. Guess I need a good photo printer!