Hello completed Week In The Life album. I’m so happy to put you away on my shelf.
This year I decided to put together a short (13 min) video that walks you through all the pages of my 2011 album. I talk about some of the decisions I ended up making this year, general observations, etc. I’m hoping this will make it a bit more “real” for those of you that like to see a bit more beyond the photos and written words.
Over the last few days I’ve been working on the 9-pocket divided page protectors that go between the spreads for each day of my week. That means I’ve been trimming photos, creating small cards, cutting up some pattern paper, etc.
I cut up the Hambly Little Circles Overlay and added the Ormolu 2-Day Hooray Days of the Week Button Embellishments. On the back I added small circle numbers from BananaFish Studio.
I also ended up adding in some cards using stamps from my different Technique Tuesday sets. If you’ve watched the video above already you probably heard me talking about those. You’ll also see them in the photos below.
- One of the things I kept asking myself as I was bringing all the components together is how can I simplify this process? What I realized is that I’d really done most of the work already – the words were documented, the photos were taken and printed – and I really just felt like leaving it at that. You might notice as you watch the video or view the photos below that I decided to just add the Daily Sheets right into the album. For me it was the decision that seemed to make the most sense. I simply added a few more page protectors to the album to accommodate those sheets.
- I’m pretty sure that next year this will be a completely digital project for me and will be printed in book format. It felt a little bit crazy to me to be cutting out all those smaller photos just to add them to the divided page protector. We’ll see. Maybe I’ll feel different next year. It’s important to me to allow myself to evolve, to allow projects to evolve over time, etc. And like I’ve said all along, there’s no right or wrong way to bring this all together.
- I collected way less stuff this year than I have in past years. I think that might have something to do with Project Life and how much I already add there each week.
- I’m glad I did it in the summer, but I think I like it better at other times of the year. Not sure why that is exactly – maybe it’s because I long for a different pace in the summer and this just felt like a lot of work. Maybe a summer Week In The Life needs to be modified for the pace of the season…
- I’m still planning to put together a little video from the times I took it during the week. I’ll post that when it’s completed.
2011 COMPLETED ALBUM
- We Are Memory Keepers Vanilla 8.5×11 Album
- We Are Memory Keepers 8.5×11 Page Protectors
- We Are Memory Keepers 8.5×11 9-pocket page protectors
- Week In The Life 8.5×11 Layered Template Set Vol.3
- Week In The Life Journal Cards Vol. 2
- Cosmo Cricket | Odds & Ends Junk Drawer 12×12 Pattern Paper
- My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Out Of The Blue Playful Number ( Two Peas )
- Hambly | Little Circles Overlay
- Hambly | Small Cameras Overlay (coming soon)
- Ormolu | 2-Day Hooray Days of the Week Button Embellishments
- Epson Stylus Photo R2000 Printer and Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
- Love, Ali Stamps for Technique Tuesday ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )
- Dad Rocks Stamps for Technique Tuesday ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )
- Life In Pictures Stamps for Technique Tuesday ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )
- Ordinary Days for Technique Tuesday ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )
- Jenni Bowlin | Spice Tin Ink
- Embracing The Everyday Brushes & Stamps (this package includes the Week In The Life logo)
- BananaFish Studio | Circle Numbers
And here’s a list of all the posts for 2011.
2011 PRE-PLANNING + BASICS
- 2011 Supplies And Design Plan
- Thoughts On The Process & Daily Sheet PDF
- Ready Set Go and Big Picture Community Announcement
2011 DAILY PHOTOS AND WORDS
- Monday Words + Photos
- Tuesday Words + Photos
- Wednesday Words + Photos
- Thursday Words + Photos
- Friday Words + Photos
- Saturday Words + Photos
- Sunday Words + Photos
COMPLETED PAGES & HOW TO
- Week In The Life 2011 | Working With The Layered Template Album (Video Tutorial)
- Week In The Life 2011 | The Photos
- Week In The Life 2011 | Bringing It All Together (with Video Overview)
If you’d like to see links from past year’s go here.
A really big thank you again for joining me on this journey. Whether this was your first year or fifth, I so appreciate your participation and interest in this project and I hope you enjoyed the process (or are enjoying the process as you continue bringing it all together).
Don’t forget about the free Week In The Life Community at Big Picture Classes which will remain open indefinitely. I’ll be checking in there on and off and am happy to answer questions over there or here on my blog. There’s also a Flickr Group if you’d like to share your work there.
SHARE YOUR ALBUM
In addition you’re invited to share a link to your completed album below. Please remember to link to a specific post on your blog (vs. a general link to your blog) that shares your completed project.