A very big welcome to December Daily™ 2012.
Today is the day I begin and I'm super excited.
As I get ready to start documenting December today (I'll post my Day One page tomorrow morning), I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the stories I've told over the last five years (check out my main December Daily™ page with links to all my past albums here). Here's an accounting (thanks Katie) of the stories I've told and how many years I've told them:
- Advent Calendars: 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Writing letters to Santa: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Christmas movies: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Trip to play in Snow: 2008, 2010
- Baking cookies: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Christmas lights: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Nativity set: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Wrapping presents: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Notes to Simon and Anna: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Trip to see Santa: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Christmas Cards: 2010, 2011
- Starbucks Coffee sleeve: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Picking out Christmas Tree: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Twinkle Lights: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Trip to Target: 2008, 2009, 2011
- Around the House: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Opening presents: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010,2011
- Christmas Jammies: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Wrapping Books: 2011
- Small Quiet Christmas Eve: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Warm Clothing (favorite sweaters, coats, hats): 2008, 2011
- Ornaments: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Simon + Anna’s own Mini tree for their room: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Being sick/ resting: 2007, 2010
- Homework: 2008
- Grocery Shopping: 2008
- Quiet relaxing days: 2009
- Printed picture of Flikr likes: 2009
- Story of Simon and Anna sharing: 2010
- Loving…. Prompt: 2010
- Movie theater: 2007, 2009, 2010
- Trip to Dentist: 2009, 2010
- Work day stories: 2008, 2009, 2012, 2011
- Gymnastics open gym: 2011
As you can see, I use a lot of the same topics each year (I'm a fan of repetition). I also include everyday stories alongside holiday ones. There is no right or wrong way to approach this project.
My biggest piece of advice this year: HAVE FUN. That's it. This isn't a race or a competition or anything of the sort. Keep it real for you and those who are most important to you. Let it enhance your spirit this season.
Also be sure to check out the December Daily™ 8 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS starting today over on my blog. Each day from December 1 through December 8th I'll feature two companies. The giveaways will open at 3am PST and comments will be closed at 9am PST the following morning.
SHARING YOUR WORK
Each day I'll include a section to share your work - day one will be included with my post tomorrow. You can also share your work in the December Daily™ 2012 Flickr gallery.
My best to you this holiday season. May it be filled with wonder and twinkle and magic.
TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY | BIG PICTURE SCRAPBOOKING
At Big Picture Classes you’ll find a myriad of super convenient self-paced classes, inspirational eBooks, and interactive multi-week workshops on topics ranging from scrapbooking to photography, journaling to personal well-being—but it is the light-hearted and liberating philosophy behind our education that sets us apart and enables you to find your muse! Visit us today to register for a free class! SPECIAL OFFER | Ali Edwards readers can enjoy 10% off their order by using code: decemberdaily2012. Offer expires 12/31/2012.