Week In The Life is a project that I often complete in stages.
Stage one was documentation. Stage two is dealing with the photos (and sometimes words on the photos). Stage three is getting things into my album and adding journaling and other embellishments.
I finished up stage two last night which included printing out all these 8.5x11 pages. I'm using a Week In The Life layered template set you can pick up from Designer Digitals (now is a great time with the 30% off sale happening). There's also a 12x12 layered template set if that's more your style. Check out my video tutorial on working with these in Photoshop here.
Read below the images for a bit more about my process and next steps.
Here's a look at what I printed out last night starting with the title page:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all had enough photos for an insert page (as you'll see below). This is where I used the Share Your Story template and I also added some of the Week In The Life Circles onto the photos before printing. These will be cut up and added to the divided page protector pockets.
You might notice that for Saturday and Sunday I changed the "our life" to "my life." It was an accident at first but then it seemed to fit my story right now so I went with it.
Here's a look at my process:
- I start with the enlargements for each day and the title page photo.
- Next I do the other template page (the one that comes in the same set) and the insert page at the same time. Some photos work better on one or the other depending on the orientation of the photo and the cropping. Some days I have a lot more I want to use and other days I barely have any more I want to use.
- Most of the photos were edited with RadLab (I use it within Photoshop).
- I decided that I will add words after printing, except for a sentence on the main page for each day.
- I printed these here at home on my Epson R2000 printer.
Cut up the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday insert page photos to fit inside the divided page protectors. I will still have divided page protectors for the other days but I'll use pattern paper and/or embellishments to go along with my journaling. I'm feeling excited about the challenge of bringing those days together and am considering ways I can add visual interest. I might cut the divided page protectors so that there are two columns vs. three. I might also hand-write on top of these photo pages I just printed out. Lots of fun things to consider.
I'm excited to be underway with bringing this all together. I've got some travel happening this week and Katie's wedding this weekend so I'll likely get back to completing this album in another week or so. I hope you guys are enjoying the process and I'm looking forward to seeing how your albums come together.