I've been doing Project Life® for a few years now and figured it was way past time to do an essentials/what I use most guide. I've gotten a few emails from people recently asking about my go-to items and I'd love to have a simple place to link them to in the future.
1. 12x12 ALBUM | I've used both We R Memory Keepers and American Crafts albums. Both are great. I'm partial to the We R Memory Keepers. Mine are all black. I'm thinking, though, for my travel album that I might branch out to a white or other color.
2 . DESIGN A PAGE PROTECTORS | One of the ways I keep it simple is by always using the same base page protectors. Some people might find this boring and I almost did but as I make my way through this year and some of last year I'm super happy to have this decision already made for me each week. I can always add in inserts for more photos in different configurations if I need them on a particular week.
4. STUDIO CALICO PROJECT LIFE® KITS | Another thing that has simplified the process for me is working just with the supplies from a monthly kit. Each month over the last year and a half I've shared one week from my Project Life album that has been created only using products from the Studio Calico Project Life® Kits. I enjoy the process of cleaning off my table and only working from the kit. In addition there is a ton of inspiration over on the Studio Calico site for ideas on working with these kits.
5. CORNER CHOMPER | I am one of those people that likes to have the corners rounded so I do it on almost every thing that I insert into the pockets if they aren't alreday. I started that way and I still love it. What I love about the Corner Chomper is that it can cut through thicker material as well - like chipboard or plastic. I also did just purchase the Project Life® corner rounder to check it out.
7. TINY ATTACHER | The Tiny Attacher is another one of those products that I use just about every single week. The staples are smaller than a regular sized stapler and I use it to attach all kinds of things to my journal cards and photos: sequins, die-cuts, tickets, small embellishments, etc.
9. AVERY INDEX TABS | On just about every single insert (page protector) I add to a week I include one of these 2-inch Index tabs. They make it super easy to identify why I've included an insert (like "beach weekend") or to simply add another senetiment ("remember this"). I often pair these tabs with this stamp set: Just Awesome. Check out an example of how I use these here: 2014 | Week 8 or 2013 | Week 13.
12. DATE STAMP | A traditional rolling date stamp is such a simple way to add dates to your album. I also love these little rolling sentiment stamps: Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Roller Stamp, Wanderlust Phrase Roller Stamp, and Cut & Paste Amy Tangerine Phrase Stamp.
Project Life® is a product and a system and a lifestyle created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The core pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life® here.