What's your story with photography?
What do you want to communicate?
What do you see when you look through the lens?
Designed with the storyteller in mind, Lens Of Joy is a 4-week photography workshop (running November 3rd through November 30th) that covers processes related to capturing life through the lens of your camera. I'll walk you through my personal workflow from picking up the camera, looking through the lens, establishing the story, experiencing the moment, composing, uploading, organizing, editing, printing and pairing the end result with words to tell a more complete story.
What you'll learn
- Seeing through the lens/establishing your vision
- Composition and design
- Taking & choosing photos that support the stories you want to tell
- Self-portraits and the importance of getting "you" in the story
- Cultivating a present-moment mindset while photographing
- Organization, workflow and editing
- Developing confidence in your own photo voice
What you'll get
- Full color PDF handouts each week
- Weekly shooting and writing exercises to help you examine, reflect, and practice
- A minimum of one video presentation each week (some will have more depending on the topic)
- One live chat
- Message board and gallery for sharing your thoughts and your photos
What you'll need
- A willingness to think about the way you look through the lens
- A willingness to think about the ways you use your photos to tell stories
- A camera (can be any kind of camera - phone, film, DSLR)
- A way to take notes/something to write with to complete the assignments
I'm looking forward to spending time with you guys focusing on the ways we each see through the lens of our cameras. Click on over to the class page here to sign up.
Also just a heads up that Paypal is now available as a payment option for classes and digital products. I know some of you were asking and hoping for that update. We are working towards having that as an option for the subscriptions and pre-orders as well.
Let me know if you have any questions!