Are you ready to embark on the adventure of documenting seven consecutive days in your life?
One of my favorite annual projects is approaching and I hope you'll consider joining me in capturing the mundane little details of your own life.
For 2014 I'm planning to document my Week In The Life™ from Monday, October 27th through Sunday, November 2nd.
You can watch a video and see past examples of how I approached this project here.
This year I'm going to be using a 6x8 album + divided page protectors (including my new favorite - the 3x8) and products from this kit:
The Week In The Life™ kit is now available for preorder here.
When purchasing the kit you can choose to include a 6x8 album / page protector pack + the kit (see color choices below for the albums) OR the kit-only. There's a drop-down menu on the order page that allows you to choose which color album you'd like to have:
The white and the matte gold are pleather. The blue and the grey are cloth.
I'll be using the white one. Of course.
In addition to the page protectors that are already inside the album we're including an additional variety pack of page protectors which will enable you to follow along with my design plan. Click on over to the pre-order page to download my 2014 Design Plan.
I will also have some digital layered templates and other digital products (as I've done in the past) that coordinate with the kit products available soon to help you document your week.
THINGS I WANT YOU TO KNOW
- You don't have to have a kit to participate in Week In The Life™. What you need most is a willingness to document your life over the course of seven days with words and photos.
- There aren't specific dates on products in this kit. Actually, there is one little "2014" on the perforated word/phrase strips but that's it. This will enable to do this on a week of your convenience if the week I've selected just doesn't work for you.
- You can do this project even if you are already doing Project Life®. For me, Week In The Life™ has always been more in-depth (into each day) compared with how I approach Project Life™. For those of you wondering about doing this project in addition to (or in) Project Life®, you can see how I tackled that in 2013 here.
- My hope, in offering a kit for this project, is to simplify the process and enable you to focus on the documentation.
- You totally don't have to do this project the same time I do. That said, it's really fun to do it when a bunch of other people are doing it too.
- On Sunday, October 26th a free-community area will open up in the classroom section of my site for people who want a place to share words and photos and projects related to Week In The Life™. This isn't a class, just a place to connect with others embarking on this adventure. You are welcome there even if you don't purchase the kit.
- I'll be documenting and sharing on my blog during the week of October 27th through November 2nd just like I've done in the past. The following week I'll share more about putting the album together and share my completed album.
I'd love for you over the next month to really start thinking about what you'd like to capture during your week. What's special about your life right now? What's different than last year (and likely will be different from next year)? How can you visually, and with words, capture what's most meaningful to you during these seven days.
Get ready for another awesome Week In The Life™ experience!