And so it begins.
Welcome to Week In The Life™ 2014.
My challenges to you this week:
- Look for the stories. Read this post for inspiration. As you go about your day, think to yourself about how you can capture those stories with your lens. How do all these different stories weave together to create the life you are living right now?
- Answer the question, "what is the truth of my day?" As you walk around your house, your office, your kids school, think about and document the truths that make up your day.
- Remember that it's NOT about the products. It never has been and it never will be. Yes, they are fun and I love working with them to bring an album together, but the products are not the point. If they help get you going in the right direction then that's awesome - but don't let them detract from your experience.
- Remember that the best camera is the one you have with you.
- Get yourself in the photos - by whatever means necessary - at the very least once per day.
- Without a doubt, this project often mirrors back to me many different things about my life. It is often a catalyst for change as I see things in front of me that really can't be ignored much longer. I challenge you to think about those things this week.
- Somehow I came across that quote in the image at the top of this post within the last week. What are the marvels of your everyday life?
- Or skip all that intentional stuff and just have fun taking a whole lot of photos of your daily life.
- Join the free Week In The Life™ community message board and gallery here.
Bottom line, I challenge you to take this opportunity to celebrate and to write and to photograph your life as you are living it right now. No one can tell this story but you.
It's the stories people. The end.
To get you going I suggest reading these posts if you haven't already:
- The Really Big Getting Ready Post
- Our Days Are Built With Stories
- Check out how AE Digital Creative Team Member Annette Haring is getting her album ready here.
Also, for those of you wondering, there are some Week In The Life™ kits (without albums - those are all sold out) still available here.
I'll be back tomorrow morning sharing my words and photos for today.
I wish you an awesome story-aware day. Have fun looking through your lens. Have fun documenting your life. I can't wait to see what you capture.