Thank you so much for playing along this past week for my annual Week In The Life™ adventure.
I hope that you enjoyed the process. I hope that you took some images that tell the story of your life right now in just the way you want to communicate it. I hope that you learned something about yourself in the process of documenting via photos and words.
As you will see below, I took the least amount of photos of any day this week yesterday. I embrace that fully. What I did capture is very much what most of my day entailed.
Sometimes when I don't pick up the camera, for this reason or that, I like to approach the story by writing about the photos I didn't take. It's a different way to capture the story that's a nice option for those days and times when you might have simply take photos with your mind. I'll add that writing below my photos.
Later this week I'll be back to share my process for putting this all together into a tangible album. Bring on the next phase of this project!
PS | In case you've been wondering all week I've been using my Daily Stories And Photos word art on my main photos. If you like that look and want to add it to your own photos you can purchase it here.
SUNDAY PHOTOS & WORDS
About 30 DSLR + 18 iphone.
The story of today is that the clocks fell back an hour as part of Daylight Savings time.
Sundays are for sleeping in.
The story of today is that my parents stopped by on their way to Tacoma. I love when they stop by, even for just a short visit. Stopping by usually entails lots of hugs and conversation and kids yelling with excitement and a hot cup of coffee.
The story of today includes conversations around my table. I love Sundays for lingering table conversations. I love that some of my favorite people were all together in one spot. You can read more about the story of this table here. It's a great example of the power of repetitive photography in storytelling.
The story of today includes noticing shapes as I look through the lens. And dishes. Always dishes.
The story of today is that I spent a lot of time at my desk from early afternoon into the late evening catching up on work and getting ready for my Lens Of Joy workshop to begin today (registration is open until November 8th). The truth is this is a place I'm very comfortable.
One of these days I'd love to do a time-lapse in this space. I like how these three shots show the changing light outside over the course of the day.
THE PHOTOS I DIDN'T TAKE
- Dropping Simon and Anna off at Chris' house for the night to help celebrate his birthday. Stopping at Taco Bell because they really wanted to get him a burrito and a taco - it goes along with a song they sing with him (or something he says to them - need to get clarification on that). Simon was really excited to take lunch to him.
- The egg scramble my sister made for breakfast that was delicious.
- My cup of coffee at 7pm to help me get through my evening workload.
- More photos of the girls (Anna and her cousin Gabrielle) playing and arguing, playing and arguing.
- Me eating leftover Halloween candy.
- Me hugging my sister as we said goodbye before she and Gabrielle leave early tomorrow morning. I'm so thankful to have her visit.
SHARE YOUR SUNDAY
I'd love to have you share a link to your SUNDAY words and photos below. Please link directly to your post vs. a general blog link. In addition you're invited to come over to the free Week In The Life™ Community Gallery & Message Board.