Welcome to December Daily® 2015 | Day 03.
Three thoughts to share with you today:
- Pace yourself. This is a December project. If you are short on time, do a quick story. If you have more time, have fun with it. Don't burn yourself out in the first week.
- Remember that this album is for whatever stories you feel like telling. It might be something Christmas-related or it might be something life-related or it might just be a quote. This is your album and your story and it can be anything you want it to be.
- One of the things I love about this project is that I don't know what story I'm going to tell each day. I love working with what I have, working with what's happening, identifying the story, and then getting it in the album. It's like a surprise and a gift to myself when I pick the story and run with it. If you are feeling stress or dread, how can you turn it around to use this project as a tool for gratitude or love or reflection?
Here's the foundation page for Day 03:
And here it is with the photo/words and other adjustments:
Multiple changes to my foundation pages today that you can see in real-life in the video below. When I decided on my story today (which is kind of two stories but they are also related) I knew I wanted to include a photo of Aaron from our date and a photo of my feet at yoga. I also used a couple stickers from the Gatherings Story Kit™ (black and white stickers).
These stories could be separate - when I look at the day now it almost looks like two days. But I'm cool with them being a part of one story in my heart and in this album.
The "3" card is from the Main Kit. On top of it I added an embossed metal-rimmed circle tag using the "Cheers" stamp from the Icon stamp set. I also added in one of the fun little rubber speech bubbles from the Cheer Story Kit™ this month. Short journaling about our date night includes a rolling date stamp that shows it actually happened on December 2. Tell the story you want to tell when you want to tell it.
For my longer journaling I took one of the sheets from the Log Book (included with the Main Kit purchase during the pre-order period), cut off the photo portion on the bottom, folded part of it up, and added one of Jasmine Jones Mini Kit cards + one of her die-cut words on top. I love how this turned out. On the bottom of the fold-up I added a 2-inch Avery Index Tab.
Real life journaling about the things I'm working on right now. These are the stories that matter to me.
Here's a look at the spread outside the album:
DAY 03 | STEP BY STEP
Please note that some supplies are not linked below for pieces that were created previously but can be found via my Foundation Pages post.
- December Daily® 2015 Main Kit
- Cheer Story Kit™ (small rubber speech bubble)
- December Daily® Jasmine Jones Mini Kit
- December Daily® Icon Stamp Set
- December Daily® Holiday Circles Stamp Set
- Epson PictureMate PM400 printer
- 1 Inch Circle Punch
- Metal Rimmed Circle Tags
- 2-Inch Avery Index Label Tab
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Heat Gun
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Inks: Black Staz On, Memento Pistachio
- Rolling Date Stamp
- Gatherings Story Kit™ (no longer available)
SHARE YOUR DAY 03
I'd love to have you share a link to your Day 03 album pages below. Please link directly to your post vs. a general blog link.