Thanks for following along this week as I shared my last five weekly spreads in Project Life®.
I recently shared details and photos from our Spring Break adventures and today I'm showing you how I took those stories and photos and added them to my Project LIfe® album.
Here's a look at Week 13:
To tell the story of this week I created custom journaling cards using a "spring break" word art digital stamp from the March Digital Kit (still available). After printing out those cards onto Neenah Bright White Paper I used the new Days Of The Week Large Initial Stamp Set to add the day of the week to each card. Ink colors used include Columbia, Olympia, Tillamook, and Deschutes.
If you are interested in learning more about using digital products in/on your paper projects make sure to check out my Hybrid workshop which covers all the basics.
On each card I added space to identify the "kid in charge" and "activities." This made it super easy and direct when I went to add my words.
Here's a closer look at each side of the spread:
As you might have seen in my original post about our adventures I decided to keep all my photos black and white. I loved all the big group shots I was able to get during the week - getting most of the kids in the frame. I also decided to not add any embellishments to my photos this time - nice and simple.
For my Gratitude card for this week I used the We R Memory Keepers Typewriter. There are definitely mixed reviews out there about this typewriter but I'm really enjoying using it. I would say with any typewriter that you can't expect perfection (part of the charm) - the main thing to ask yourself is whether you can pick up a vintage one and get the same results. Katie has had great luck finding vintage typewriters at our local Goodwill and then finds ribbons to match online.
For Spring Break we had all the kids here from Monday through Friday and then they headed off to their other houses for the weekend. To "show" that in my album I printed color photos for Saturday and Sunday and also changed up the style of journal cards for the weekend.
Hope you are having a great week!
SUPPLIES USED REGULARLY IN PROJECT LIFE® 2017
- Project Life Design A Page Protectors
- Project 52 Fresh Core Kit (anything with rounded corners)
- Past Story Kits™
- Rolling Date Stamp
- 12x12 Project Life® / Heidi Swapp / Black & White Album
- Week By Week Word Art
- Gratitude 3x4 Notepad
LOOKING FOR MORE PROJECT LIFE® STORYTELLING INSPIRATION?
Check out my Storytelling With Project Life® workshop that is now available as a self-paced workshop. Topics include:
- Lesson One | A look back at many of my past Project Life® albums (2010-2015) with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for right now.
- Lesson Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations, creating a plan for yourself (key word here being "YOU") and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset. This content will be specific to telling stories in Project Life®.
- Lesson Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement, and inspiration to spark stories.
- Lesson Four | Working with products in Project Life®.