As I've shared more about my wellness journey via the Instastories over on Instagram (@ae_fit) I've gotten some questions about what I'm wearing.
I'm in week four of what I'm calling my "new" life. I was really ready for a change and I'm loving making time for daily exercise and significantly more healthy-eating. As you might imagine, I'm just at the beginning of this journey. I lived a lot of my growing up years as an athlete (competitive swimming into college) and then have not had a consistent exercise routine since then. I've had fits and starts and done a couple of sprint triathlons a few years ago (2010, 2011, 2012), but I've never simply made it a consistent part of my life. That's my goal right now - for it to just be what I do.
You can read more about my initial wellness journey thoughts from a previous blog post here.
Right now what I'm loving to wear while walking, doing yoga or going to a Barre3 class includes yoga pants/shorts + a bra top + a tank top + a jacket (lighter in the summer and heavier in the winter). Most of the things I have now have been picked up at Target, Athleta (one of my favorites), GapFit, and TitleNine.
Here are some of the things I've recently picked up and am loving right now:
(1) Stronger Hoodie from Athleta // I love this jacket. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It's long and thick (will be great for both fall and winter here).
(2) Salutation Short from Athleta // These have been great for summer especially in the hot studios. I was worried that they might be too short but they are just right and I have fairly long legs.
(3) Fully Focused Bra from Athleta // This is my recent favorite - love the back and it's just enough support for me for yoga and Barre3. I ordered another one in a different color because it fit well.
(4) gFast Performance Cotton ColorblockLeggings from GapFit // These mid-weight yoga pants have been great. Love the color blocking.
(5) Essence Tie Back Tank from Athleta // This one is on it's way to me. I like these kinds of tanks that can be tied if needed or can be a little more flowing.
(6) Will Power Jacket from Title Nine // We have a Title Nine store in town here and I went in there on a whim the other day and came out with this jacket which I love. This is a great lighter weight jacket - it feels like a vest with sleeves. And I love vests.
The only other thing I'm totally into right now are flip flops - these ones from Sanuk are the ones I wear everyday. I had a previous pair that I totally wore out and picked up new ones at the beginning of this summer and my feet love them. I'm also totally wondering why I have any other shoes for the summer. Actually I love my running/walking shoes from Brooks (Adrenaline GTS).
We can do this together! Keep making one healthy choice at a time.