I am totally loving the process of sitting down at the end of the month/beginning of the next month and reviewing the stories from the past month. I'm simply using my photos as a guide - sitting at my desk and scrolling through my February photo archive and deciding what stories I want to tell this month.
For February I identified three stories I wanted to highlight in my Project Life® album:
- Photos of my feet and where I "found myself" this month. This all came from noticing that I had a bunch of those photos that I could use all together when going back through my photos from the month.
- Taking the girls to Disneyland to celebrate their 10th birthdays. As you'll hear in the video, I'll be telling the bigger story of our Disney trip via a layout in the new Hello Story 2 workshop.
- The crazy awesome snow storm that happened at the end of the month.
I find this process so totally do-able and doing this each month right now along with my other projects totally feels like my own version of "enough" in memory keeping.
Here's a look at how it all came together:
Again, I focused on three stories.
I started with the story of where I "found myself" this month using photos of my feet as my visual story support. I used the back side of the 9x12 page protector I used in January to hold the 3x4 photos of my feet. The "feb stories" card is from the February Stories By The Month™ kit - it was originally 4x6 and I cut it down to 3x4. A digital version of each month with the word stories underneath is available here.
The "finding myself" patch is from this Embellishment Bundle. It's a great reminder that One Little Word® products can be used to tell everyday life stories.
On top of each of the 3x4 photos I added a yellow Puffy Number Sticker. Those numbers correspond with the journaling I added to a 3x8 insert.
I love adding in different size page protectors. In this case I added a 3x8 page protector to accommodate two 3x8 journal cards from the Summer/Everyday Life Journal Card Set. The physical set is sold out but you can print your own using the digital set here. For this project I decided to print out my journaling that tells the story of my feet photos and add it on top of the "enjoy this time" card.
Along the edge, as pretty much always, I added an Avery Index Tab.
I used another 3x8 card from the Summer/Everyday Life Journal Card set on the back to tell Story #2 which is an abbreviated story of our Disney adventure ( I'll be telling the longer story with more photos in a layout in Hello Story 2). For this card I also measured the white space and printed out my journaling and adhered it on top of the card.
To go along with my short Disney story I printed one of my favorite photos from our trip at 9x12 and slipped it into a full page page protector. I added custom word art to the top of the photo.
Totally loving the colorful spread of these two stories paired with this super neutral one below.
My third story is all about the historic snow storm we experienced at the end of the month. I printed a full page photo (9x12) of our backyard in the snow and added a February plastic heart (add on from February Stories By The Month™) + a chipboard heart + the "details" stamp (both from the February Stories By The Month™ kit).
I followed the same formula for this story by including a 3x8 insert.
I added the "feb vibes" chipboard on top of one of the journal cards from the Summer/Everyday Life Journal Card Set. I hand-wrote ten details I loved about these snow days.
On the back of the 3x8 I used that space for a full page written story about our experience.
For the last pocket page I used the 3B style and filled most of the pockets with photos. On top of those photos I added a couple chipboard hearts along with some starburst stickers from the Summer/Everyday Life Sticker Bundle. I added one sentiment card from the February Stories By The Month™ about the presence of wonder (digital version available here).
FEBRUARY PROJECT LIFE® PROCESS VIDEO
- 9x12 Black Album
- 9x12 Page Protectors (just restocked yesterday)
- Summer/Everyday Life 3x8 Journal Cards (available digitally here)
- Summer/Everyday Life Sticker Bundle
- Puffy Number Stickers
- One Little Word® Embellishment Bundle
- Stories By The Month™ February 2019 (digital version available here)
- Travel Phrases 4x6 Stamp Set (click notify me if you'd like to see this stamp available again in the future)
- Daily Words 4x6 Stamp Set (click notify me if you'd like to see this stamp available again in the future)
- Rolling Date Stamp
- 3x8 Page Protectors
- Avery Index Tabs
- Epson PictureMate PM400 Printer
- Epson SureColor P400 Printer (for printing full page 9x12)
You can see all my past Project Life® posts here.