I'm super excited to share a look at where I'm at with my 2022 December Daily® album today. I'm going with "loose" foundation pages again this year meaning I have some things established + some things left completely open + I'm feeling really good about it!
A couple notes:
- I'm loving working outside the page protectors and am definitely continuing that in this project.
- I encourage you to be a translator of my ideas! You might not have all the same supplies but more likely than not you can use what you have to create homes for your stories.
- I'll be sharing my stories/finished pages here on the blog just as in past years.
- I'm feeling really playful this year and am running with that! Let's continue to normalize that this project can be simple or it can be super crafty or it can be playful and loose or a wonderful combination of any of those things. Don't feel like you have to stick with whatever you have done in the past. How do you want to approach your stories in this season of your own life?
Let's dive right in to a video walk-through:
Here's a look at the pages via images:
For a closer look at my original starting place (and a video overview of the process/how to) check out this post.
After my table of contents pages it's time to dive into the stories!
For my first story I think I'll be writing myself a letter to start off the season and adding it right on top of this pattern paper. I'm using a paper clip to hold the black felt number 1 which will likely be adhered next to the M before I write my letter. I might add a photo to this page too or I might simply let it be a word-based story.
Story number two will include this stamped page I put together for a Prep Day challenge. I'll likely pair this with a full page photo.
Story three foundation will be shared later this month in Product Play so here's a look at my starting place for story four. It will be built on the back of the page with the washi tape and paid with one of the 1/2 circle pages.
Story five will use the other 1/2 circle page paired with a pattern paper from our Numbers Scrapbook Kit (vellum number is from there too). You can also purchase just the 6x8 papers from this kit.
Story six will pair one of the die cut pages with a vellum page + a 4x4 card from the Main Kit.
I'll likely pair that 4x4 journal card with a 4x4 photo...or maybe some other kind of fun interactive element in that same shape.
Story seven includes journal cards I made during Prep Day. One is a shaker pocket page that holds stamped tags using the Tag + Star Stamp Set. On top of the shaker pocket I added a puffy Santa sticker and a glitter cardstock word. Along the bottom I added Tim Holtz Rub Ons (similar).
My eighth story will be added inside the green pattern paper. This project was created for Product Play (full details + instructions available there).
Story nine will be added to the back of story eight. I imagine I'll likely added a circle photo and/or journaling on top of the pattern paper.
Story ten will live inside this window card. I love the simplicity of this page and letting the pattern paper be as it is.
Story 11 will be added to this fun gold foil pattern paper. Maybe I'll document things we are eating or things people are saying or wrapping paper or ornaments or something else entirely.
My next few pages are really loose which gives me a lot of flexibility. I added this transparency in that I know I really like + want to make sure to use in my album this year.
I'm always a fan of grids so I've got this transparent page added in and will add more during the month.
Story fifteen (most likely) will be the stocking pocket page I created for Prep Day. I love how these turned out (added embossing and texture paste and stitched it all together) and will be adding words/photos in the pockets (the backs of the stockings are pattern vellum so you can see through).
Stories sixteen and seventeen will likely be built on this die cut page. I'm thinking I'd like to have three of the circles be see-through so I picked out a transparency from this set to use for that purpose.
Story eighteen will be the "would you rather" tags from Prep Day. Each person in my family has a tag to circle their preferences. I created a felt pocket using felt from Benzie Design to hold the tags.
Story nineteen will be built using this die cut heart and the black felt numbers.
The next page I've got in my album (maybe story twenty) is a shaker page I built using the die cut page from the Cardstock Insert Set. On top of the die cut page I added Glitter Gel Stickles (so fun).
I super love how this turned out using plastic sheets, foam tape adhesive, and beautiful sequins from The Diary Of Belle Rose.
Here's a look via video at how I built this shaker page:
The last actual page I have set up at this time features the tag die cut page with some of the rubber tags on top (and a puffy Santa). I'll likely add photos and/or journaling in these same tag shapes here for my story. Simple red ribbon was added to each rubber tag and the tags are adhered with red line tape.
I love how these stitched heart pockets turned out! I'm planning to use it on one of these days - maybe on top of a photo or a full page of pattern paper.
The last few things I have set aside include the Merry Christmas Die Cut, a few more vellum numbers from the Numbers Scrapbook Kit, and I will for sure be using that tag paper for the base of one of my stories.
I am so excited to document December with you! Let's do this!
- December Daily® 2022 Main Kit
- December Daily® 2022 10x8 Santa Album
- December Daily® 2022 Envelope Bundle
- December Daily® Specialty 10x8 Paper Pack
- December Daily® Paislee Press Mini Kit
- December Daily® 10x8 Paper Pack
- December Daily® Die Cut Pack
- Grafix Transparent Sheets (12x12)
- May Arts Ribbon (Black + Cream)
- May Arts Ribbon (Red + Cream)
- 6 Hole Punch
- We R Memory Keepers Hole Punch
- Red Line Tape
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Sequin Packs
- Laser Jet Transparency (use with Minc Machine)
- Minc Machine
- Gold Minc Foil
- Tim Holtz Christmas Rub Ons (similar)
- Tiny Attacher
- The Diary Of Belle Rose Sequins
- December Daily® Puffy Santa Stickers
- December Daily® Glitter Cardstock Words
- Messy Circle Stamps
- Tag + Star Stamp Set
- Page Attacher Stickers
- Texture Paste
- Pom Ribbon
- Stickles Glitter Gel
- Foam Adhesive Roll
- December Daily® Rubber Tags
- December Daily® Stitched Heart Pockets
- December Daily® Window Cards
- December Daily® Foiled Label Stickers
- December Daily® 3x8 Journal Card + Transparency Set