Decemeber Daily™ 2011 | Day Fifteen

Welcome to December Daily™ 2011 | Day Fifteen.

Today I'm sharing two favorite photos I've taken so far this month. The first is of Anna on the porch yesterday morning on the way to school and the second I took of Simon a week or so ago.

The one of Simon is so classically "him" right now - he will have a grumpy face and we will tell him, "I see a smile under there." or jokingly something along the lines of "Don't smile. Seriously, don't do it." And it almost always gets him to giggling and covering his mouth with his hand and his eyes just sparkle.

And Anna - she's one big bundle of smiles and pink and layers of clothes and purple and dresses and she just can't wait for that lipstick she's hoping Santa will bring.

On top of each printed photo I added words cut with the Silhouette. Tis the Season is from my Messy Little Christmas package (go here to see a video tutorial on how to trace my PNG files with the Silhouette). Hello Joy will be available soon.

This time I adhered with staples (Tiny Attacher).

Simple kraft tag + initial + stitching.

In between the two pages today is a divided page protector. I left one pocket empty when I was putting together the foundation pages. I ended up adding some little glitter circles that my Mom found at Goodwill and two of Tim's Word Stix (adhered back to back). Here' s a close up look:

And the full page:

And the second page of the spread:

JOURNALING | The two of you express a crazy amount of joy - not just during the holidays but all throughout the year. I so love that about each of you. Last night and this morning there was a lot of “she’s touching my legos” and “Simon won’t let me touch his legos.” We talk a lot about sharing and respecting each other’s things (challenging concepts for any age when it comes to things you love) and I remind you both how it’s so awesome to share most with the people you love. As it gets closer to Christmas Day I’m getting excited to have you both here all day (no school!). Planning some fun activities for next week and figuring out ways to make it work. I like schedules & knowing what’s coming next. I also like to share fun, joy-filled things with you two because it brings me tons & tons of joy watching the smiles on your faces (I especially love when I see you sharing joy with one another).

Trim off the edges and staple.

SUPPLIES | DAY FIFTEEN

Click on the images to link to the products.

TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY | Intersect

With Intersect you can share your favorite moments — your child’s first pirouette, your favorite foods, your road trips, your life — on interactive storylines with maps. Import your Facebook or Instagram photos into Intersect with just a click of a button or use our iPhone app to post on the go. Think of us as a digital scrapbook, organizer, journal and travel diary rolled into one!

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY FIFTEEN

You’re invited to include a link to your DAY FIFTEEN page here. Please link directly to your post vs. your general blog link.

1. Linda

2011-12-16 08:39:44 -0500

I am wondering about how to get the text to wrap around Simon in the photo also.

2. Elaine Bieman

2011-12-16 08:52:18 -0500

thanks for sharing your book ally. The whole thing has been awesome to follow every day.

3. Cynthia

2011-12-16 09:00:59 -0500

Great Day 15! Both kids are so cute and you have really captured their individual personalities and age related 'stuff'.

I have just received my Cameo in the mail and I am so looking forward to using it (although it may have to wait until after next week - soooo busy around here). Thank you for incorporating your words into your DD with the Cameo (can't wait to check out the tutorial) - the opportunities are endless!

4. Sarah

2011-12-16 09:11:18 -0500

You have really got me considering a Silhouette now. Grr. ;)
    Love these full page photos. I better get some printing done!

5. Kristin A.

2011-12-16 09:25:52 -0500

Oh my goodness - look at those smiles! Even with Simon covering his up, we all know it's there and that it's big! What a sweet spread you have created.

6. Cheryl :)

2011-12-16 09:26:02 -0500

I'm so glad to hear and see you are having fun with your Silhouette! Just got one about a month ago and have been leary about even taking it out of the box, but once again, you've inspired me to try something new and I LOVE it!!!!!

7. Suz

2011-12-16 09:42:37 -0500

Love those photos Ali! Such great captures. And the Simon smiling thing? We do the same thing with our boys to attempt to turn a grumpy moment into a joyful one. Not only do we say the "No...don't you do it...don't smile" line, we also say in a silly slow-as-molasses-Southern drawl...
    Turn that frown upside-down." (Get's them EVERY time). Thanks for sharing. Have a JOY-filled day!
    xo
    Suz

8. Mallory

2011-12-16 09:44:05 -0500

Like many others, this was my favorite of your foundation pages. And filled in, it looks awesome! Can't believe we only have 10 more days! Thank you so much for this amazing project!! :)

9. Denise KC

2011-12-16 10:59:10 -0500

Good to know my 9 year old isn't the only one making grumpy faces these days -- she's either all smiles or grumpy face!
    And Little Anna is just so cute - Will Santa be bringing her lipstick this year?

10. Molly

2011-12-16 11:32:32 -0500

That's what it's all about! Adore this!

11. Lisa

2011-12-16 12:01:49 -0500

Favorite day so far!! :) (Yes, I think I say that each morning -lol!) Their joy is simple contagious! :) Love it!!

12. Jenny Star Lor

2011-12-16 12:13:56 -0500

Ali - these pictures melt my heart! Thank you so much for sharing them, I love it.

13. o-girl

2011-12-16 12:35:21 -0500

What fun photos & good to include in your DD how the kids are right now at this time. My son's eyes have always 'sparkled' when he smiles too. He's now 19. :) I have a question about sewing on the pages, sewing the sheet protectors, etc. For some reason I'm highly intimidated to do this. I don't want to cause any damage to my sewing machine. Is that silly? What size needle do you use? Do you have to switch it out when you know you'll be stitching through the chip board letters, for instance? Thanks for your time & advice!

Peace, comfort & joy to you this holiday season, especially as you transition as a family in a new direction.

14. Tere (Marie)

2011-12-16 12:59:29 -0500

Ali, part of the reason your kids sparkle and are joyous is because that's what you generate for them and your home. You bring light, joy and love into their lives, even when they choose not to share :)

15. Jessica

2011-12-16 13:32:31 -0500

Beautiful page and Photos!

16. Michelle M

2011-12-16 13:51:28 -0500

Love these two pictures!

17. rhonda

2011-12-16 15:04:07 -0500

What wonderful pictures of Anna and Simon! Love these pages!

18. aliza

2011-12-16 15:38:27 -0500

Great photos, and I love the journaling-the joy (and challenges) of having your kids home with you and no schedule. I might write a similar message of my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

19. Kathy

2011-12-16 17:31:06 -0500

Ali your pages and book are amazing and inspirational as usual. Loving the full page pics of both of your kids and as you say capturing their personality is priceless. It's great following along with all these other like minded people to create this project for our families....I eagerly await your post everyday. Thanks for doing this and sharing your ideas. I love them. Regards, Kathy, Brisbane, Australia

20. Amber

2011-12-16 18:51:34 -0500

I am just so excited that you are using the Silhouette. The Daily was out of reach for me this year, but I love seeing all the creativity and saving up ideas for projects down the road. Thanks for the inspiration always!

21. Glynis in Mass.

2011-12-16 23:31:42 -0500

Reading about Anna wanting lipstick for Christmas made me think about my childhood. When my sister and I were little (early '70s), I remember my grandmother giving us little Avon "lipsticks" that looked like cola bottles for Christmas. I don't recall them smelling like Coke, but they did smell good. A little sheer color. So fun and grown-up! We just loved them. I'll have to ask my sister if she remembers them... :)

22. Brooke

2011-12-17 05:28:14 -0500

Love your theme of favourite photos today. A great idea as we don't often catch great images of both kids on the same day!

23. Susanne Huettner

2011-12-18 18:47:11 -0500

Exactly what is going on around here with my two kids (nearly the same age as yours). Love your words along with your photos - I always enjoy your simple, yet lovely writing.
    Your story-telling class is on my list for next year!

24. December Daily | Ali Edwards

2011-12-20 22:30:57 -0500

[...] December 15 [...]

25. Goodbye Kids, Hello Holiday Helper | Ali Edwards

2014-04-28 06:01:01 -0400

[…] image at the top of this post is from my 2011 December Daily® album. See more details […]