I was thinking last week that it's been way too long since I last did a Day In The Life.
Actually it was last June to be exact.
Last year (2013) I started the year with the plan that I'd do it once a month. I lasted about half year and then let it go because it just wasn't inspiring me and other things got in the way.
You're invited to join me this Thursday, May 8th to document a day in your life.
It's just more fun when we are doing it together.
Grab a free downloadable Daily Sheet for documentation. You can download a free set of Daily Sheets (originally designed for Week In The Life but you can choose to just print one page) here. I use this as I go about my day.
In 2012 I did a Day In The Life in February. Here's the posts that went along with that project:
- Overview + Free Download (great starting place)
- The Documentation
- Project Life 2012 | Week Six (the week I added in the Day In The Life content)
There's lots of options for how you might choose to make something with the words and photos you gather over the course of the day. With the content you collect maybe you will:
- Create a traditional scrapbook page.
- Add your content to Project Life® as an insert or consider using a whole spread for just one day. See below for how I've done that in the past or check out my Day In The Life archives.
- Document your day on Instagram. Fun and easy!
- Make a mini-book. It would be so fun to use one of these little We R Memory Keepers 4x4 albums for a Day In The Life.
WEEK IN THE LIFE 2014 | And in case you are wondering I do currently plan to embark on a Week In The Life project again this year as well starting on September 8th.
Last year I designed a set of 6x12 Day In The Life layered templates that I can use as inserts in Project Life. They include space for a photo plus areas for journaling morning, afternoon, evening and gratitude. Here's a tutorial for working with this specific template: Day In The Life Layered Template Tutorial.
I've also designed a 6x12 Photo Collage Template set to go along with the Day In The Life layered templates. They can be used in conjunction or on their own for anytime you want to add a 6x12. You can also combine the two together to create a 12x12 layout. I'll be using these as the back page of the 6x12 insert to include photos I take throughout the day.
Two (2) people will win a $75 credit towards their next purchase at Minted.
- Elizabeth Icaza
- Sherrie Davis
- #424 | Alyna said…What an amazing kit! Thank you so much for the chance to win it!