One of my goals for Week 15 of my 2017 Project Life® albums was to add in more "stuff of life."
At first I was intending to fill all the pockets with "stuff" I found around the house but ended up having photos I really wanted to add so I went with a mixture. I still want to do a spread sometime soon that just includes "found" items (receipts, packaging, kids writing, notes, etc) - I'll save that idea for a week when I might have less photos.
Here's a look at my Week 15:
This was the week of Easter, right before Week In The Life™. I used a 8.5x11 page protector as an insert to hold a letter Anna wrote to the Easter Bunny.
On the other side of the letter I slipped in the flyer for an art day at our local art museum. Anna had a picture selected to be in the show so we all went to the exhibit to celebrate.
Here's a look at the full spread without the insert:
That photo of Anna on the bottom. Totally a favorite.
The "see the good" title card and the white acrylic word "lens" are from the Lens Story Kit™. The physical kit is sold out but you can still grab the digital set until May 12th (we are changing the day the new kit is released - it will now release on the 13th of each month).
The "so happy I'm home" cardboard is from the exterior packaging of a recent JCrew delivery.
Sometimes I add "stuff" directly and sometimes I just take a photo of it - like the note that Anna wrote to Audrey in the last middle pocket on the right.
The stamps I used to write "PIG TALES" are from my shop and can be found here: Sans Serif Alpha Stamp.
I always look through the kids backpacks pretty regularly to see if there is something I want to add to this album. One on of Anna's recent spelling tests she wrote her name as "Anna the great" which is awesome (a nickname her soccer coach gave her a few years ago). She rocks these spelling tests.
The "love this" chipboard diamond is from the Bond Story Kit™.
I took a photo of the art that Anna had in the museum and printed it out (we get to have it here when the show is over). Lots of writing on photos again this week - such a simple and easy way to add more words to your week. The black pen I use to write on my photos is one of my AED Precision Pens.
SUPPLIES USED REGULARLY IN PROJECT LIFE® 2017
- Project Life Design A Page Protectors
- Project 52 Fresh Core Kit (anything with rounded corners)
- Past Story Kits™
- Rolling Date Stamp
- 12x12 Project Life® / Heidi Swapp / Black & White Album
- Week By Week Word Art
- Gratitude 3x4 Notepad
- AED Precision Pen
LOOKING FOR MORE PROJECT LIFE® STORYTELLING INSPIRATION?
Check out my Storytelling With Project Life® workshop that is now available as a self-paced workshop.
- Lesson One | A look back at many of my past Project Life® albums (2010-2015) with individual video walk-throughs. The take-away from this lesson is the opportunity to learn from the past and reflect on what's worked and what's not worked to create a plan for right now.
- Lesson Two | Process exploration. Setting expectations, creating a plan for yourself (key word here being "YOU") and setting yourself up for success by establishing a storytelling mindset. This content will be specific to telling stories in Project Life®.
- Lesson Three | Specific storytelling ideas, encouragement, and inspiration to spark stories.
- Lesson Four | Working with products in Project Life®.