It's time to start initial thinking about December Daily® for 2017.
It's definitely not time to bring out your Christmas stuff (unless you really, really want to but man I am so not ready for that) but it is time to start thinking about how you want to document your holiday season.
Around here we start that off by sharing new December Daily® products right around the first of September. Last year we changed the name of this ordering time from "pre-order period" to "Order Selection Period." There was some confusion in the past regarding "pre-order" and what that meant when products sell out. In keeping with our goal of clear communication we hope that changing the name will help make it more clear that when things sell out they are likely gone. The production timeline for these products began in early 2017 - for us that means design, production, manufacturing, etc. - and we make every effort to order in quantities that will meet demand but that are also responsible business decisions (and some of those things are tough to predict). Thank you for understanding.
This week we are releasing some First Looks at a few of the product offerings for this year. You can check those out here. I will also be doing a Facebook Live on Thursday, August 31st at 2:30pm PDT in the December Daily® Facebook Group sharing a closer look at some of the products. If you aren't available during the live recording it will be available for later viewing.
This year we are so excited to be bringing you a variety of kits and products to help you record and celebrate your December stories no matter how you choose to approach the documentation.
Here's a look at the general timeline for 2017:
ORDER SELECTION PERIOD BEGINS NEXT WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6th AT 10:30AM PDT
On September 6th at 10:30am PDT the order selection period will begin (kits + albums + other add-on products). You will be able to locate the shopping page under the December Daily® 2017 menu at the top of this page. Products are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited. The selection period, where you can add products to your December Daily® box, will be open until September 30th.
HOW ORDERING WORKS
- Add products to your December Daily® box.
- Click "Order Box" to start the checkout process.
- Review your order and click "Confirm Selection." At that time your credit card will be charged for the items you added to your box.
- Throughout the month of September you can add more products to your December Daily® box (your card will be charged each time you click "Confirm Selection"). For example if on 9/6 you select my kit + Jasmine's kit, you will be charged for those two kits at that time. If you return on 9/10 and add an album and a stamp set to your box you will be charged for those items at that time. Once shipping begins in October, we'll pack everything up and send it to you.
- The December Daily® box process includes a "Your Shipping" section which will allow you to see how much your current shipping charges are at any time.
- Shipping charges, if they apply to your order, will be charged upon shipment.
Shipping rates for all items are as follows (these are the same as last year):
- Mini Kits: $2 US / $3 CAN / $4 Int'l per kit
- Main Kit: FREE US / $4 CAN / $7 Int'l per kit
- Shop Items (dies, stamps, and tab stickers): Free shipping to everyone
- Albums: $3 US / $4 CAN / $7 Int'l per album
- Domestic customers who spend $99 on items will receive free shipping.
DIGITAL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OCTOBER 16th
December Daily® digital products for this year including the kits (cards + embellishments that translate to digital products), layered templates, and other products will be available for sale on October 16th (time TBA).
WORKSHOPS BEGIN NOVEMBER 1
This year we will be offering two workshop options for those looking for additional inspiration and encouragement.
The first one will be a new workshop called December Daily® Product Play. This self-paced workshop will be a fun look at different ways to work with and tell stories with the December Daily® products we are offering for 2017. This workshop is designed to show you different ways to play with the products either before or during December. More details to come. I will continue to share the process of my foundation pages and my daily pages on my blog as always.
We will also be offering my well-received foundational workshop Storytelling With December Daily® again for those of you who may have missed it in the past. The main content of this workshop will be the same as in the past since it is a deep-dive into my processes and inspirations and storytelling ideas for the project since I first started. It includes video walk-throughs and in-depth discussions of most of my past albums and the way I told stories in each one. This workshop is not about working with any specific kit or product and includes overviews of my albums through 2015.
If you are brand new to the concept of December Daily® you can check out all my past projects here. You can also check out all my past blog posts sharing my foundation pages, processes, stories and more in my archives here.