In Case You Missed It | July 9
Happy Friday, friends! Welcome to the latest In Case You Missed It. Just a reminder that this is a quick post that will happen every Friday afternoon with all the updates and links that have happened throughout the week. So, let's get to it:
- Don’t forget digitals for the 2021 Travel Collection are now available in the shop. Click here to shop: https://aliedwards.com/shop/digital
- Travel Start To Finish 2 // Classes start next week for our brand new Travel Start To Finish 2 workshop. In this awesome travel-themed workshop, Ali and four contributors will each be sharing their start-to-finish process for completing a travel album using our 2021 Travel Collection. This year, each of the ladies will be completing a different sized album: @aliedwards // plans to document a two-day camper van trip in a travelers notebook; @lindalovescreating // will be documenting six years worth of family trips to Cape Cod using a 6x8 album; @babz510 // will be documenting a recent family trip to Yosemite in a notebook-style album created from the craft envelope in the kit; @smultringunn // will be documenting a pre-kids trip to Utah/Nevada in the 3x8 album; @kimdocumentslife // is using the 9x12 album to document a recent family trip to Emerald Isle, NC. Register here.
CRAFT THE STORY YOUTUBE SERIES
- In today's Craft The Story video (Episode 26) Ali is sharing how she’s getting a few more stories told in her Stories Of Summer notebook. Watch the video here.
- Monday, July 12th at 4pm PT/7pm ET, we will host our next Story Chat with Ali, Lisa, and creative team members Pam and Kasha. We’ll be talking all about the new Story Kit theme, “&”. If you can’t join us live, don’t worry! A recording of the conversation will be available on our Instagram account, as well as on the blog, and in the Story Classroom. As a fun new addition to our monthly Story Chats, we will be putting together a Spotify playlist of songs that represent the month’s theme. Find our Laugh playlist here.
- Our creative team is sharing their projects using the Laugh Story Kits™ over on the blog. You don’t want to miss the beautiful pages these ladies have put together. Read it here.
As always, we’re so grateful to have you all as members of this community! Thanks for joining me today and have a great weekend!
Hi Ali. Many years ago (2008?) I emailed you because I wanted to do December Daily but I don’t have a family and I was concerned that not having a family would restrict me. But you made me believe that it mattered that I did it even though I was single and had moved to a house in the country by myself. So I did it. And it was wonderful and fun. I found that by documenting the small things, they became the big things. And I thank you so much for that. Skip ahead and In 2015, I broke my right wrist very badly. Casting it failed and I had two surgeries which lasted four more years. I could no longer scrapbook in the 12 x 12 format because I can’t lift the albums, so I switched to 6 x 8. And I find them much more manageable and gratifying for me as I also changed the way I document my journey. I do it by season and December Daily and I have my favourite ones like the summer of 2019 and the summer of 2014 and there are lots and lots of great memories and sadness and beauty in them. And I have to thank you because once I discovered I could no longer use the 12 x 12 format it forced me to think outside the box and I love using the 6 x 8 I do use pocket pages but I also make folders and collages and pages that are outside the pocket page format and I used many many vintage materials because I love vintage and antique ephemera. Anyway I just wanted you to know that I’ve been watching your videos and inspired and I’m going to take some classes and I am now 58 years old and I’m newly engaged. And we are looking forward to travelling as soon as the borders open. And I will be documenting it all along the way. Now I need to decide which classes to take!! Thank you, Christine
Sign in or sign up to comment.