1. December Daily making is in full-effect around here. Look for an initial foundation post on my projects blog on Friday. If you want more info on what this project entails, as well as past albums, take a peek here.
2. Struggling a bit in the transition home after the last trip. Yesterday was the first day that I actually felt even a little like myself. It doesn't help that the house is still half-unsettled from the move. I'm someone who very much likes to feel settled in my environment.
3. Simon is huge. Seriously. He got off the bus yesterday and I caught my breath. Big. Up to my shoulders (I'm 5'9).
4. The crock pot is my friend. My Mom always told me that one of the paths to sanity was carved by making or prepping dinner early in the day. She so totally knows what she's talking about. The busier I get, the more stress creeps in, the more comfort and sanity I find in having something planned and in the works before 5pm.
5. No travel through the holidays this year. YES. We had talked about traveling to see family but have decided to stay here as Simon has decided that our chimney will work very well for Santa.
6. Toddlers are challenging and amazing and crazy and wonderful all in the same instant.
7. I ordered a new sewing machine after watching this video and reading her recommendation. I want to make circles like that. When you click the link you might want to check out more inspiration on her site including her really cool travel journals. I also love how she calls what she does gorilla sewing. I first learned about Dispatch from LA after seeing a journal my friend Catherine's made after taking the Remains of the Day workshop.
8. We've had a house-guest for the last week named Howard. He's Chris' Chinese tutor and is in transition between school and the working world. It's been fun having him here and chatting about the cultural differences between life in the US and China. He tells me he's eaten more cheese while staying with us than any other time in his life.
9. After holding off for awhile I finally tried misting with Studio Calico's Mister Huey Color Mists this past week and now I want to mist all kinds of stuff. More on this in my upcoming December Daily post. Last night I was trying it out on acrylic - it was still wet when I went to bed so I'm not sure how long it will take to actually dry. When I was in Greece I saw some cool stuff that Ronda was doing with it and I was also inspired by a layout created by Leah Fung in a past issue of Scrapbooks Etc. magazine.
10. Glee. I love it. I can't help it. I was catching up on episodes I missed while I was out of the country the other night and I was completely laughing out loud by myself in the living room.
WEBSITE HOUSEKEEPING: I found out yesterday that people have been having an issue when linking to my site and receiving a "Connection Reset" message. You were still able to get to my site if you clicked refresh or clicked on the link again. That is NOT acceptable - no one wants to click twice. I was actually having the same issue but thought it was just me and had been chatting with my web person about the issue. We think we found a solution to the problem but if you are still receiving a message that says "Connection Reset" could you please let me know via the comments or email me.
BIG THANK YOU: To those of you who helped me reach my $1000 Komen Race for the Cure fundraising goal. Excited to run this weekend. Cathy is pushing me to run under 30 mins for the 5K...that's my goal.