It's time to start initial thinking about December Daily® for 2016.
It's definitely not time to bring out your Christmas stuff (unless you really, really want to) but it is time to start thinking about how you want to document your holiday season.
Around here we start that off by sharing new December Daily® products right around the first of September. This year we have changed the name of this ordering time from "pre-order period" to "order selection period." There was some confusion in the past regarding "pre-order" and what that meant when products sell out. In keeping with our goal of clear communication we hope that changing the name will help make it more clear that when things sell out they are likely gone. The production timeline for these products began in early 2016 - for us that means design, production, manufacturing, etc. - and we make every effort to order in quantities that will meet demand but that are also responsible business decisions (and some of those things are tough to predict). Thank you for understanding.
Last week we announced the Mini Kit designers: Jasmine Jones, Pam Garrison, Holly Becker of Decor8, Liz Tamanaha of Paislee Press, and Kelly Mindell of Studio DIY!. Today we have sneak peeks of my main kit also available. You can check them all out here - click on the photo circle on that page to see sneak peeks of each of their kits. Full kits will be revealed when the order selection period begins this Thursday. On that page you will also find a sign up if you are interested in receiving December Daily® specific emails leading up to and during the holiday season (please note this is a separate email list from our regular marketing emails).
Here's a look at the general timeline for 2016:
ORDER SELECTION PERIOD BEGINS THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st
On September 1st at 8am PST the order selection period will begin (kits + albums + other add-on products). You will be able to locate the shopping page under the December Daily® 2016 menu at the top of this page. Products are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited. The selection period, where you can add products to your December Daily® box, will be open until September 30th.
HOW ORDERING WORKS
- Add products to your December Daily® box.
- Click "Order Box" to start the checkout process.
- Review your order and click "Confirm Selection." At that time your credit card will be charged for the items you added to your box.
- Throughout the month of September you can add more products to your December Daily® box (your card will be charged each time you click "Confirm Selection"). For example if on 9/3 you select my kit + Jasmine's kit, you will be charged for those two kits at that time. If you return on 9/10 and add an album and a stamp set to your box you will be charged for those items at that time. Once shipping begins in October, we'll pack everything up and send it to you.
- The December Daily® box process includes a "Your Shipping" section which will allow you to see how much your current shipping charges are at any time.
- Shipping charges, if they apply to your order, will be charged upon shipment.
Shipping rates for all items are as follows (these are the same as last year):
- Mini Kits: $2 US / $3 CAN / $4 Int'l per kit
- Main Kit: FREE US / $4 CAN / $7 Int'l per kit
- Pre-Order Shop Items (dies, stamps, and tab stickers): Free shipping to everyone
- Albums: $3 US / $4 CAN / $7 Int'l per album
- Domestic customers who spend $99 on items will receive free shipping.
DIGITAL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OCTOBER 10
December Daily® digital products for this year including the kits (cards + embellishments that translate to digital products), layered templates, and other products will be available for sale on October 10th (time TBA).
STORYTELLING WITH DECEMBER DAILY® WORKSHOP BEGINS NOVEMBER 1
Starting November 1st I'll be re-running my well-received Storytelling With December Daily® workshop. The main content of this workshop will be the same as it was last year since it was a deep-dive into my processes and inspirations and storytelling ideas for the project since I first started - includes video walk-throughs and in-depth discussions of all my past albums and the way I told stories in each one. This workshop is not about working with any specific kit or product. I'll be adding in a new video overview of my 2015 album with new thoughts and reflections to this year's workshop. Please note that we are considering an alumi option for people interested in participating again with the live community and will have more details as we get closer to registration.
If you are brand new to the concept of December Daily® you can check out all my past projects here. You can also check out all my past blog posts sharing my foundation pages, processes, stories and more in my archives here.