Ah my friends, it's getting closer!
As many of you have noticed I'm getting going on this project a lot later than I have in previous years. It's definitely not my first choice, and there are a number of different reasons for that, some within my control and some out of it (read below for a shipping update).
As always December Daily® for me is about capturing one story per day from December 1 through December 25th. I love focusing on the words and the photos, looking for things to capture via my lens (especially things that twinkle and sparkle - oh, I can't wait for those twinkle lights), finding things to be thankful for in the middle of the mess, capturing Simon and Anna's joy, and reflecting on this past year. I love that this is an album that can hold all those stories.
While I wait for my full kit with the album to arrive here's what I'm working on:
1. Re-reading my past December Daily® posts and reflecting (you can see the albums in one place here and you can read all the past posts here). What did I love? What do I want to do again and what do I want to skip? How can I simplify or how can I tell more if that's my intent this year? I think having a general awareness of the stories you want to capture is a great way to being this process and something to keep in mind throughout the month.
2. Listen to this fun podcast: The Scrap Gals Podcast With Tiffany And Tracie. Katie and I listened to this the other day and it was so great and we were laughing right along with Tiffany and Tracie throughout - full of history and thoughts and tips about this project.
3. Listen to Christmas music. Katie and I haven't started playing it in the office yet - which is unusual for us. But I think this will be the week we start.
4. Gather up supplies you think you might be playing with in December and corral them into one place. I'm gathering things like gold embossing glitter and red embossing powder (always), white or cream paint, pens, etc.
5. Print out any printable cards you might be including. Read below for information on my 2014 sets.
Here's a look at all the fun things that should be on their way to you very soon if you've ordered the kit this year:
So many fun things that I can't wait to start playing with - especially those big gold letters, the masking tape and the stamps.
PRINTABLES + OVERLAYS
In addition I've got my annual packages of digital overlays and printables now available for those of you who like to incorporate those into your albums.
This year I've included 6x8, 4x6, and 3x4 - sold in individual packages - as well as offering a combo pack for the first time that includes all three sizes. Each package includes 31 individual PNG files for each day in December + easy to print PDF's in black, gray and red. For 2014 I decided to go back to one of my favorite overlay designs and have updated it to correspond to 2014 dates. What's cool about these overlays is that you can also use them for different times of the year simply by erasing/removing/covering up the day of the week.
I'll have some new layered templates and additional holiday themed items up next week.
KIT SHIPPING UPDATE
If you have purchased the December Daily® kit, please check your email today for a shipping update.
It has always been our intention that this kit arrive to you in time to begin working on it before December arrives.
Unfortunately we are experiencing a delay with the albums as they are stuck in customs in LA and we are waiting for them to be released. Please know that these were initially slated for arrival to the warehouse in October.
As you can imagine, we are seriously unhappy with this situation and we are doing everything in our power to get these kits and albums to you (including exploring a variety of options to make that happen). Your patience as we assess the best path forward is greatly appreciated.
Because this is supposed to be a really fun, joy-filled positive experience.
If you have additional questions or issues related to your order (such as wanting it shipped to a different location) or would like other accommodations please start a conversation with Customer Service.
Hoping to have it in your hands very soon!